CAAD13

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

c60rider

by c60rider

MartinRa wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:00 pm
Found a Caad13 Owners Manual Extensions
https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... d13_ge.pdf

Seems like my bike came routed wrong from the factory :oops:

changed it and now the cables don't touch the frame during normal riding.
So look at your caad, maybe yours is also routed wrong
Great for finding that it would have been useful having that supplied with my frameset rather than the generic bike manual that I think as little as half a page related to my frame. It was this useless thing https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... manual.pdf. Almost like they forgot to supply the manual with mine. I wonder if there's an English version. Yes here it is https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... caad13.pdf

c60rider

by c60rider

soonerrebel wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:03 pm
shreddymerckx wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:01 pm
...anyway, thought we could probably do with getting back on topic.

Realised I never posted my final build. Unfortunately couldn't get it weighed like this, but I'm guessing it's floating a little over 8kg. Will shave a little more off with a carbon post when I can get my hands on one of those and some lighter tires this summer when there's less crap on the roads. Cannondale actually shared a pic of this on their instagram which is quite the compliment!

TOP NOTCH!!
What top bearing cover are you using on this is it the KP253? I only have the large 25mm conical bearing cover with mine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MartinRa

by MartinRa

c60rider wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:26 pm
MartinRa wrote:

Great for finding that it would have been useful having that supplied with my frameset rather than the generic bike manual that I think as little as half a page related to my frame. It was this useless thing https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... manual.pdf. Almost like they forgot to supply the manual with mine. I wonder if there's an English version. Yes here it is https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... caad13.pdf
but i still don't get it..
they say fd cable goes into the right port and exits in the middle, rd inserts left and exits on the right side, but they also say the cables should not cross...
Screenshot_20200504-113018_Drive.jpg

c60rider

by c60rider

MartinRa wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am
c60rider wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:26 pm
MartinRa wrote:

but i still don't get it..
they say fd cable goes into the right port and exits in the middle, rd inserts left and exits on the right side, but they also say the cables should not cross...

Screenshot_20200504-113018_Drive.jpg
I think what they're meaning about avoiding cable cross-over is specific to the underbracket cable guide. The bullet point specifically stating avoid cable crossover is on page 13 picture 6 and has the cable guide shown. It's obvious to think you need to make sure you have the correct cable for the front/rear derailleurs. But if you route the front cable around the head tube into the right side of the frame and vice-versa with the right into the left side then of course they have to cross the once within the downtube. This is the area to be super careful about as occasionally the cables don't just cross once but can do it 3 times and as a consequence it will pull tight. When activating either gear there will be subsequent tension on the other gear so you can never seem to get the gears set up right. The joys of internally routed cables!

MartinRa

by MartinRa

thank you! seems right!
I think i got it right, atleast it shifts good.

cjm

by cjm

shreddymerckx wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:01 pm
...anyway, thought we could probably do with getting back on topic.

Realised I never posted my final build. Unfortunately couldn't get it weighed like this, but I'm guessing it's floating a little over 8kg. Will shave a little more off with a carbon post when I can get my hands on one of those and some lighter tires this summer when there's less crap on the roads. Cannondale actually shared a pic of this on their instagram which is quite the compliment!

That looks great! What size frame is it?

Found an old post that mentions it being a 56.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

What are the lightest cables at the moment? Jagwire Road Elite link?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Today (after 1450 km driving on dry asphalt) the BB on CAAD13 105 began to creak! :(
The sound appears when start pedaling on feet (my weight is only 68kg)
Tightening the bolts on the chainrings and the connecting rods did not give results, as I understand it, I need to disassemble, press out the bearings and grease? Or will it fail?
Tell me a good instruction or video for this (because the Internet is littered with a similar problem and I thought it would not affect me)..

MagicShite

by MagicShite

PUNlSHER wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm
Today (after 1450 km driving on dry asphalt) the BB on CAAD13 105 began to creak! :(
Tightening the bolts on the chainrings and the connecting rods did not give results, as I understand it, I need to disassemble, press out the bearings and grease? Or will it fail?
Tell me a good instruction or video for this (because the Internet is littered with a similar problem and I thought it would not affect me)..
misalignment. Get a Hambini BB to fix it.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:58 am
PUNlSHER wrote:
please give a link to this bb

c60rider

by c60rider

PUNlSHER wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 pm
MagicShite wrote:
PUNlSHER wrote:
https://www.hambini.com/product-categor ... ke-frames/

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

c60rider wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 pm
PUNlSHER wrote:
MagicShite wrote:
PUNlSHER wrote:
Firstly, it is out of stock. Secondly, I don’t have Shimano cranks, and thirdly, there are much cheaper converters on the market.

Jengaback

by Jengaback

PUNlSHER wrote:Today (after 1450 km driving on dry asphalt) the BB on CAAD13 105 began to creak! :(
Before going nuclear and pulling the bike apart, try banging the seat post wedge assembly full of grease. It's a fairly naff design and makes an awful creaking noise. Next check the headset preload.. If it persists then pop the bearings out and refit with a retaining compound. Make sure all contact surfaces of the cranks, spindle, spacers are lightly greased and the axle bolts are greased and torqued to 40 Nm. You'll want a Cannondale crank puller (KT013) to get one of the arms off and a Park BBT-30.3 to get the bearings out. A proper bearing press to get it back together is ideal. A decent LBS should be able to do it for you for very sensible money as it's a very easy routine job for a cannondale dealer. Love x

MagicShite

by MagicShite

PUNlSHER wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:36 pm
c60rider wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 pm
PUNlSHER wrote:
MagicShite wrote:

Firstly, it is out of stock. Secondly, I don’t have Shimano cranks, and thirdly, there are much cheaper converters on the market.
Email Hambini to have him reserve one for you that is suitable for your use-case.

> thirdly, there are much cheaper converters on the market.

And they are all pretty much inappropriate for the task in hand. Hambini's stuff are worth it. I sometimes wished I had a terribly manufactured frame so I could justify one of his one piece BBs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Jengaback wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Before going nuclear and pulling the bike apart, try banging the seat post wedge assembly full of grease. It's a fairly naff design and makes an awful creaking noise. Next check the headset preload.. If it persists then pop the bearings out and refit with a retaining compound. Make sure all contact surfaces of the cranks, spindle, spacers are lightly greased and the axle bolts are greased and torqued to 40 Nm. You'll want a Cannondale crank puller (KT013) to get one of the arms off and a Park BBT-30.3 to get the bearings out. A proper bearing press to get it back together is ideal. A decent LBS should be able to do it for you for very sensible money as it's a very easy routine job for a cannondale dealer. Love x
I am sure that this rubs the axel of crankarms against the inner ring of bearings (the sound appears when I hard to press the pedals)
KT013 & BBT-30.3 can be replaced with cheaper tools such Parktool ccp 22 & FSA E0019 BB Puller. Also for pressing we can use cheap PRO Pressfit BB Press 24/30 mm!