New bike around 2000€ mark - BMC ALR Disc, Emonda ALR Disc, Allez Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NordicSal

by NordicSal

jfranci3 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 pm
Hmmm... post pics of the setup on the disc side. Try making sure your lines are secure.

At any rate, I wouldn't blame Tiagra or your frame. For a one bike setup, you're likely in the right seat as long as you don't want something specific.
I will take some pictures when I get home to the bike. However my mechanic abilities is best described as incompetence. I have played with the idea of getting all the nessacary tools to change brakes, gearing and pretty much everything. Practice makes perfect I guess.
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm
Imo. For a little over $2000 I built a Cervelo S3 disc with new 105 and power meter. It may not be super nice but I think it's perfect for the riding I am doing. I waited for deals and made the correct compromises. A pre built complete would not have worked for me as I need shorter cranks and junior gearing. Here is my build. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk i can build you something similar.
This is very interesting, especially as you have all the parts in the sheet. One of the thing that has shun me away from it is the fear of forgetting some parts. Thank you very much!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

jfranci3 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 pm
Hmmm... post pics of the setup on the disc side. Try making sure your lines are secure.

At any rate, I wouldn't blame Tiagra or your frame. For a one bike setup, you're likely in the right seat as long as you don't want something specific.
I have been looking into replacing my brakepads at least as it would be neat to know how to do so. I see there are multiple pads available, some softer, some harder. What should I go for? Medium or?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

NordicSal wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Ettore wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:25 pm
The BMC ALR has a better performing frame than the carbon SLR03, if that matters. Lighter, too.
Is it really? The Emonda ALR Disc is lighter than the SL Disc too, don't know about the performance though.

Only as a frame. And the ALR Disc builds to a slightly heavier bike since it has a traditional seatpost. Doesn't matter though, I'd still take the ALR over the SL.