GPS/Power Meter combination...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I'm considering a GPS unit and a power meter combination. I'm close to considering the Wahoo Elemnt with the speed and cadence sensors, and the heart rate monitor strap.

I was thinking of pairing it up with the Favoro Assioma Duro power meter.

Polar has the V650, which I would have preferred because I like the company, but it does not have Ant+. I don't understand why they would not include it.

I'm also looking into pairing the Edge 520 Plus with the speed and cadence sensor and heart rate strap with the Vector 3 power meter, but I've heard the Vectors had too many problems. Plus the Favoro is less expensive.

Any advice?

TheRich

by TheRich

If you have a power meter, you don't need a cadence sensor. Speed sensor....well, that's why you have a GPS, isn't it?

I have a 520 and Vector 3s, the main downside is the batteries, which causes them to cut in and out when low. Now that I'm not riding a bike with a proprietary crank, I'd just go straight for a crank based unit like Pioneer so I can go back to SPD-SL and gorilla tape a couple batteries under my saddle for spares.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Well, I've never had a GPS or a power meter, so I don't know how they work.

So with the power meter, I do not need the extras to measure cadence and speed? Good to know. Saves me some cash.

Or maybe I could get the speed/cadence bundle for my spare bike or when I'm not using the power meter.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Berzin1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:34 am

So with the power meter, I do not need the extras to measure cadence and speed? Good to know. Saves me some cash.

Thats how I run my PM and Wahoo Bolt

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Would be great if any cycling computer came out with external sensors that measures power/ watt.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Berzin1

by Berzin1

After much consideration and research, I just pulled the triger on the Wahoo Elemnt w/ heartrate strap and the Favero power meter pedals.

I paid regular retail price for the Wahoo and $635 for the Favero direct from their own site. Definitely looking forward to receiving these items and put them (and me) to work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com