GPS/Power Meter combination...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I'm considering a GPS unit and a power meter combination. I'm close to considering the Wahoo Elemnt with the speed and cadence sensors, and the heart rate monitor strap.

I was thinking of pairing it up with the Favoro Assioma Duro power meter.

Polar has the V650, which I would have preferred because I like the company, but it does not have Ant+. I don't understand why they would not include it.

I'm also looking into pairing the Edge 520 Plus with the speed and cadence sensor and heart rate strap with the Vector 3 power meter, but I've heard the Vectors had too many problems. Plus the Favoro is less expensive.

Any advice?

TheRich

by TheRich

If you have a power meter, you don't need a cadence sensor. Speed sensor....well, that's why you have a GPS, isn't it?

I have a 520 and Vector 3s, the main downside is the batteries, which causes them to cut in and out when low. Now that I'm not riding a bike with a proprietary crank, I'd just go straight for a crank based unit like Pioneer so I can go back to SPD-SL and gorilla tape a couple batteries under my saddle for spares.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Well, I've never had a GPS or a power meter, so I don't know how they work.

So with the power meter, I do not need the extras to measure cadence and speed? Good to know. Saves me some cash.

Or maybe I could get the speed/cadence bundle for my spare bike or when I'm not using the power meter.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Berzin1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:34 am

So with the power meter, I do not need the extras to measure cadence and speed? Good to know. Saves me some cash.

Thats how I run my PM and Wahoo Bolt

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Would be great if any cycling computer came out with external sensors that measures power/ watt.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

After much consideration and research, I just pulled the triger on the Wahoo Elemnt w/ heartrate strap and the Favero power meter pedals.

I paid regular retail price for the Wahoo and $635 for the Favero direct from their own site. Definitely looking forward to receiving these items and put them (and me) to work.