joining the Colnago c64 disc group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

We need photos!!

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

guyc wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am
We need photos!!
this is one of two i took yesterday on a ride. the other was in a better location but it cropped part of the bike
Attachments
20190316_091024.jpg
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

iamraymond wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 am
That Art Deco frame is gorgeous.

I know what you mean about the hoods. 8020 STIs are quite large and bulbose compared to 9100/8000 (rim brake). If you ever upgrade to 8070 Di2 , you'll benefit from the much smaller electronic/hydraulic hoods. I think they are the same size as the rim brake shifters.
When i bought the bike i had the decision to pay a little extra for the colnago stem and accompanying fork that accomodates helps hide the brake cables. I was advised that since I was going mechanical not to get this option. That and the added cost of going di2 probably means that will never happen. this bike cost enough as it is. I shaved a few dollars going ultegra and truth be told i was seriously considering an alloy rim but couldn't quite find a set that got me excited. in the same way my c-24 rim wheels did
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

guyc

by guyc

Lovely. I think those Boras look good great as well

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

3rd ride. Is it me or do the hoods on the shimano mechanical group set with disc feel bulbous. Doesn't have the great hand feel my rim brake shimano's had. Shimano was able to maintain that feel if you purchase a DI2 version.. It's my one pet peeve so far. I have a similar set-up on my gravel bike but i ride it slower and for some reason it never bothered me before. I think its bothering me now because the frame geometry is so similar to my c-59 that the hand feel is jumping out
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)