TCR - EE Rear Brake Woes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Djakninn

by Djakninn

I'm building up a 2015 TCR SL at the moment and decided to fit EEBrakes as per my other bike.
Front caliper was fine, but it looks like the rear can't be fitted properly due to the angle of the linkage where the fine adjust is.
Has anyone else came across a similar problem? And is there a work around?
Bike is an XS fwiw.
(Adjuster plate is missing btw)ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Here's a generation 4 EE rear caliper on a 2019 TCR SL (XS) It works without any issues.
Attachments
IMG_4408.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Djakninn

by Djakninn

Thanks for the pic. What's the measurement from your ISP to the caliper mounting bolt, mine is approximately 4cms. The space on your pic looks like it could be a bit more than that. And, do you know if the G4 is slightly different on lever angles/sizes, etc?

kode54

by kode54

your cable length may be too long...and also you may need a black washer to space out the calipers a bit. @Noctiluxx has one black washer and his cable length appears shorter which may resolve your angle of cable entry to the brake.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Specialized has a kit that spaces the brake out further and changes the angle of the caliper for use on their smaller frames with dropped seatstays. Not sure if that kit is applicable to other bikes but it might be. I’m assuming it’s a Specialized item but maybe it can be obtained from Cane Creek too.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Djakninn

by Djakninn

kode54 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:24 pm
your cable length may be too long...and also you may need a black washer to space out the calipers a bit. @Noctiluxx has one black washer and his cable length appears shorter which may resolve your angle of cable entry to the brake.
Thanks Kode - The spacers did the trick. The rear brake is just a loose build at the moment til I get the replacement adjuster plate. Left the cable a bit longer than needed until I get that part - tidy it all up and set it up correctly once it turns up at my end.

Thanks for the help folks :beerchug:

kode54

by kode54

no prob. looks like a gen3.

you have to be mindful of the angle inwhich the cable goes through to the clamping bolt...otherwise, you may get some binding or the spring will feel like its not responding. a smoother cable line usually resolves that.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com