Vittoria Launch this month

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sethjs

by sethjs

Coming in at 282. Feels very different to an IRC or Soecialized to the touch. Not as tacky / rubbery feeling, if that makes sense. Softer & less stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducman

by ducman

Which versin is this? Race? Speed? Tlr? Thank you. 😁

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The label says Corsa Tubeless Ready...no Speed, no Control. Presumably this is the 25mm version (there’s no 23mm) with an advertised weight of 290g.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

To everyone who got them - did you put them on? How was that?

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Are there any rr numbers out yet? Can they compete with conti?

The Rubino 4's are slower than the Rubino 3's. Should we expect more of this sort of thing? Hope not...

/a

zefs

by zefs

If the claimed 40% reduce in RR is true they would be faster than the Contis by about 4w total. Corsa Speed TLR (2016 tire) is 1.2w faster than the GP5K so let's see.

ffbawd

by ffbawd

I'm curious to see how they compare to the standard Corsa clinchers in durability. I really enjoyed using them before I went to schwalbe.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I am watching closely. Conti made some bold claims with the gp5000 on performance gains, and maybe puncture resistance aside, they were true. I suspect a similar result from vittoria. Faster tires, but not living up to the durability/puncture resistance claims because there is no free lunch.

zefs

by zefs

Well Galactiks lasted 3000km for me (could have gotten more) in good conditions and that's a 220g tire so I am guessing puncture protection will be good enough.

sethjs

by sethjs

THY is correct - 25c Corsa TLR - not Control and not Speed.

Mounted last night. Very easy to get over the rim - no levers needed. This is on a Roval CLX.

Pretty tough to get seated. Airshot didn't work super well. Neither did the compressor. Lots of soapy water and multiple attempts and eventually they seated.

Did 30 miles and 3k ft of climb this AM. Dry conditions. Very comfortable - even a smidge more so than the Specialized Sworks Turbo Tubeless - which I find to be comfortale. They measure 27.25mm wide on the 21c rim at 70 psi. Great dry grip - pushed them about as far as I tend to push a tire and they felt rock solid.

It's about to rain here for a week - so we'll see how they do.

In my experience the Corsa G+ tubulars had great grip but flatted very easily. My big question with these is just longevity / flats / cuts. So far I'd rate the Specialized as great and the IRC Formula Pro as pretty bad (I've now killed 2 in pinch-flat type situations, which is crazy).

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

sethjs wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Mounted last night. Very easy to get over the rim - no levers needed. This is on a Roval CLX.

Pretty tough to get seated. Airshot didn't work super well. Neither did the compressor. Lots of soapy water and multiple attempts and eventually they seated.

Did 30 miles and 3k ft of climb this AM. Dry conditions. Very comfortable - even a smidge more so than the Specialized Sworks Turbo Tubeless - which I find to be comfortale. They measure 27.25mm wide on the 21c rim at 70 psi. Great dry grip - pushed them about as far as I tend to push a tire and they felt rock solid.

In my experience the Corsa G+ tubulars had great grip but flatted very easily. My big question with these is just longevity / flats / cuts. So far I'd rate the Specialized as great and the IRC Formula Pro as pretty bad (I've now killed 2 in pinch-flat type situations, which is crazy).
Thanks - sounds promising so far. Not seeing them for sale yet anywhere in the UK, so will wait till they appear and then try them out.

AlgaeHater

by AlgaeHater

sethjs wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Where did you pick these up? I cannot find them for sale anywhere online yet.
2019 S-Works Venge Di2
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

sethjs

by sethjs

On Vittoria's US web store.

AlgaeHater

by AlgaeHater

Ah I see that now. I’m looking for 28mm TLR and it looks like those are not available yet.
2019 S-Works Venge Di2
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

sethjs

by sethjs

Rode them 30 miles in rain today in SF. Incredibly - 0 cuts.

Also tested them on a ramp with a slick paint-like top to the concrete that I easily get IRC formula pros to slip on. Much harder to get these to slip.

Net - seeming promising!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com