Assos T.laalalai shorts - bib straps too short?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

siim

by siim

Having ridden Assos shorts last season I really liked them and wanted my wife to experience same comfort. So I ordered her a pair of T.LAALALAISHORTS_S7 (for the search engine: laalalai laalalaishorts). Size XS, which she is wearing for 90% of her cycling apparel (rest is XXS or S). Sizing chart is saying that XS fits for women weighing less than 60kg and between 160-170 cm. She's actually tad below 160cm and well below 60kg too. Bottom of the shorts fits really nice - almost perfect. But bib straps are really short - takes great effort to close the buckle in front and as a result the straps are veeery tight and not comfortable at all.

Anyone experienced similar issue? Is the size chart incorrect or straps just too short? Will the straps stretch out and become more comfortable over time?

I'm hesitant to return the shorts as it would be troublesome (had order online because no shop in Estonia sells Assos) and Assos doesn't have a normal straps option for women anyway. They are all routed from the middle of chest as a single strap instead of two as seen here

Grobar

by Grobar

My girlfriend also find the straps too tight when she’s standing but in the cycling position it is perfect, no discomfort at all. Yours should try the bibs on the bike, it is a totally different experience.
And I don’t think the straps will stretch unfortunately.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

I've had the same issue with some of the mens shorts, when stood up there is a "level of discomfort" front and centre.

When riding they are fantastic.

kode54

by kode54

yup. what others have said. standing up, straps too tight. in riding position...tightness disappears and non existent.

i remember on one of the boxes, it says not to walk the dog or standing up. only for bike riding.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Is this why all the guys wearing assos are crouched over at coffee shops as if they’re adjusting their shoes or something. Cycling is so weird (I know, I’ve stolen that line from @Beeatnik, but I like it).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TonyM

by TonyM

That reminds me when I was racing motorcycles with the racing suits: you could not even raise your arms etc....These things were really made for the racing position on the bike only....LOL

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

No need to return. If the straps are too short even in the riding postion it would be very easy for a skilled tailor to make them a little bit longer. It would be a shame to make any alteration to an Assos garment but it could work.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

kode54

by kode54

Probably, but hey, I walk the dog with the bibs in the summer all the time just before a ride.
Calnago wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 pm
Is this why all the guys wearing assos are crouched over at coffee shops as if they’re adjusting their shoes or something. Cycling is so weird (I know, I’ve stolen that line from @Beeatnik, but I like it).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com