When will you buy eTap AXS?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

The question is when...?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:50 am

Right NOW!
3%
Soon, when I get a better deal.
3%
April, when Force eTap AXS would appear.
6%
Want it, but no plan.
16%
My current groupset is just fine.
69%
Never! Single Speed FTW!
2%

Total votes: 287

loup

by loup

Does anyone has the weight for the Red AXS Shifters for mech. rim breaking? Couldn't find any data sofar :(

loup

by loup

Is my understanding correct, that I can't use my 10/11speed cranks anymore with the 12speed Sram chain?

I've already an Rotor 2IN Powermeter I'd like to use.

by Weenie

AZR3

by AZR3

loup wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 pm
Is my understanding correct, that I can't use my 10/11speed cranks anymore with the 12speed Sram chain?

I've already an Rotor 2IN Powermeter I'd like to use.
You’ll just have to wait for 3rd party chainrings unless you use an AXS eagle chain and Eagle cassette, that setup is compatible with normal chainrings

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

loup wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Does anyone has the weight for the Red AXS Shifters for mech. rim breaking? Couldn't find any data sofar :(
Best guess is 270g for the pair. I have a set coming in pretty soon and will confirm.

Force AXS rim shifters are 303g.

zinedrei

by zinedrei

has anyone tried to pair the Force AXS with a Garmin 935?
i have paired them successfully earlier under shifting and it seems there can only be 11 gears.
presets appear to have 11 gears only and i cant seem to find an option to make it 12 under the Custom tab/pane

it does show me what gear number i am in (#2 for example but the tooth count is incorrect)

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

AZR3 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:36 pm
You’ll just have to wait for 3rd party chainrings unless you use an AXS eagle chain and Eagle cassette, that setup is compatible with normal chainrings
Looks like Wolf Tooth has begun offering their 110 BCD Flat Top Chain compatible 1x rings.

It doesn't specifically state that their Eagle-only, rather they show compatibility with both the SRAM 12 speed Eagle and Flat Top chains. Interesting.....
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... ttop-12spd

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

I would stay away from rings that are compatible with everything under the sun. flattop chains require a different tooth cut and would compromise the normal chain interface.

AZR3

by AZR3

yinzerniner wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:08 pm
AZR3 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Looks like Wolf Tooth has begun offering their 110 BCD Flat Top Chain compatible 1x rings.

It doesn't specifically state that their Eagle-only, rather they show compatibility with both the SRAM 12 speed Eagle and Flat Top chains. Interesting.....
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... ttop-12spd
I linked those over on the paceline forum :wink:

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

AZR3 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 pm
I had to steal your thunder!
:beerchug:

But def thanks for the update in the link. I'm about to commence a rim brake AXS build and will post findings, weights, thoughts, and rants pretty soon.

AZR3

by AZR3

yinzerniner wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:25 pm
AZR3 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 pm
I had to steal your thunder!
:beerchug:

But def thanks for the update in the link. I'm about to commence a rim brake AXS build and will post findings, weights, thoughts, and rants pretty soon.
Sweet, always nice to get real world weights posted

solarider

by solarider

I am using the Wolftooth Flat Top specific 1x ring. Runs very smoothly. Obviosuly being 1x shifting isn't an issue, but it is silent.

I really wanted the SRAM direct mount to fit my Cane Creek EE Wings but it wasn't available at the time and the eliptical rings still aren't. I keep an eye on the site........

NickJHP

by NickJHP

zinedrei wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm
has anyone tried to pair the Force AXS with a Garmin 935?
i have paired them successfully earlier under shifting and it seems there can only be 11 gears.
presets appear to have 11 gears only and i cant seem to find an option to make it 12 under the Custom tab/pane

it does show me what gear number i am in (#2 for example but the tooth count is incorrect)
I paired a Garmin Edge 1000 with Eagle AXS that I setup on one of my wife's bikes. On initial pairing with the sensor the Garmin wouldn't allow me to have more than 11 cogs on the cassette or less than two chainrings. However after shifting gears across all 12 cogs on the cassette, I could then setup a custom cassette with 12 gears on the Garmin and set the cog teeth sizes correctly. For the single chainring, I set both chainrings that the Garmin initially thought I had to the same number of teeth, and it recognised that as being a single chainring - the gears bar graph data field on one of the data screens correctly shows me a single chainring and 12 cogs on the cassette, and the gear combo field also shows the correct cogs size for each gear as I change across the cassette.

zinedrei

by zinedrei

NickJHP wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:56 pm
I paired a Garmin Edge 1000 with Eagle AXS that I setup on one of my wife's bikes. On initial pairing with the sensor the Garmin wouldn't allow me to have more than 11 cogs on the cassette or less than two chainrings. However after shifting gears across all 12 cogs on the cassette, I could then setup a custom cassette with 12 gears on the Garmin and set the cog teeth sizes correctly. For the single chainring, I set both chainrings that the Garmin initially thought I had to the same number of teeth, and it recognised that as being a single chainring - the gears bar graph data field on one of the data screens correctly shows me a single chainring and 12 cogs on the cassette, and the gear combo field also shows the correct cogs size for each gear as I change across the cassette.
thank you
seems i need to go through the whole gear range for the garmin to recognize 12s
are you also able to set the tooth count on each cog?
will try to pair again later after work and see how it goes

ryanw

by ryanw

Just built this for a customer.

Must admit that after a test ride, I'm pretty much sold on AXS! It's super fast up and down the cassette, only real issue is bulky front mech (very close to cranks) and noisy compared to Di2.

'16 Cervelo S5 - 6,650g RIP
'17 Focus Mares Force 1 - 7,170g
'19 Cervelo S5 Disc - 7,460g

IG: RhinosWorkshop - Check it out for all my custom builds :thumbup:

:!: Ride Southern Spain Cycling Holidays *£445 for 7 Nights* :!:

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

I find the opposite. It's much quieter than my 8070 Di2. Not sure why...
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10