SRAM Shifter Change

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StephanP

by StephanP

mikemelbrooks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Would it be possible just to use the complete righthand shifter but just mount it on the left?
The problem with that is how the levers work for shifting. The right lever shifts inbound towards the stem, if you just put it on the left side there is no way to shift. The lever would need to be pulled outbound. That's why I was hoping to change the internals, but still use the left lever because it would shift inbound towards the stem.

Stephan

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

StephanP wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:21 pm
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Would it be possible just to use the complete righthand shifter but just mount it on the left?
The problem with that is how the levers work for shifting. The right lever shifts inbound towards the stem, if you just put it on the left side there is no way to shift. The lever would need to be pulled outbound. That's why I was hoping to change the internals, but still use the left lever because it would shift inbound towards the stem.

Stephan
Hmm I just tried this on my bike mounted on a smart trainer as you say its not good, I think it might work if you modified the shortened the lever so you could use your thumb. The other thought I had was this https://www.gevenalle.com/shifters/ not pretty but it should work for you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com