Has anyone swapped BB on a BMC Roadmachine?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gurk700

by gurk700

Wanted to give an update. I just received my Wheels Manufacturing BB that is made of aluminum. Solved the issue. Aluminum pieces are way more rigid than the plastic duraace cups so the brake cable doesn't push them out of the way. Bike is finally fully built.

TonyM

by TonyM

Thanks for the update :thumbup: :thumbup: and good to know what is the solution in case I encounter something similar. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

for posterity: I tried putting a 4130 BB on this thing w/ a 30mm crank (Rotor 3D+) and there was no way to fit the hydraulic hose under it even without the sleeve

TimW

by TimW

Spoke too soon. My RM01 has never had any issues...but a couple of weeks ago I had my rear disc brake fail on my RM03. After disassembly found the rear hose had worn through under the BB spindle, losing all fluid.

Thinking about it my RM01 has a 24mm GXP spindle (Red22) and the RM03 a BB386 FSA crankset. (RM01 also has Wheels Mfg BB)

I don't think there is really room in the shell area to run the bigger spindle and feed the hydraulic hose under. Refitted hose and new BB but you can feel/hear the spindle binding on the BB sleeve slightly.

I don't think I fitted the bb spindle sleeve last time.

Andres

by Andres

TimW wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm
Spoke too soon. My RM01 has never had any issues...but a couple of weeks ago I had my rear disc brake fail on my RM03. After disassembly found the rear hose had worn through under the BB spindle, losing all fluid.

Thinking about it my RM01 has a 24mm GXP spindle (Red22) and the RM03 a BB386 FSA crankset. (RM01 also has Wheels Mfg BB)

I don't think there is really room in the shell area to run the bigger spindle and feed the hydraulic hose under. Refitted hose and new BB but you can feel/hear the spindle binding on the BB sleeve slightly.

I don't think I fitted the bb spindle sleeve last time.
Kogel's 4130 BB has a sleeve that protects the spindle, but it may not allow for the hose to go underneath... this is the same reason why the new DUB AXS Crankset is not compatible with the Roadmachine, I'm surprised BMC hasn't sent out anything about this yet, it's been at least a month or so since they've been aware of this.