Colnago 64 fittment question

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
DJT21

by DJT21

As I stated in my first post, get the 56h.

by Weenie

mag

by mag

I'm sure Calnago will write a better reply if he gets around here again, but after seeing your photos I'd rule out the 56s. You've got quite a lot of spacers under the stem already and in order to achieve a similar fit on the 56s you'd need 10mm more of them. So you're left with either 58s or 56h and you can achieve a similar fit with both (already wrote about that earlier in this thread).

I haven't seen any 56h size frame in person, but from what I know about the H-geo frames is that they're basically higher in the front with everything else remaining more or less the same as on their S-geo siblings. That means the effective top tube lengths, seat tube lengths and angles, head tube angles etc.. This makes the H-geo frames' top tubes slightly more sloping.

With 58s the top tube won't be as sloping and you'll have 20mm less of seat post exposed (than with 56h). Actually as the Sempre's (61) seat tube length (C-T) is the same as C64's at 58s, the length of seat post exposed would be about the same (maybe very slightly less due to differences in seat tube angles). So I think you can have the idea when comparing to your Sempre:

56h - same length stem as you have now (assuming you'll use stem with the same angle), 10mm less spacers, 19-20mm more seatpost exposed, more sloping top tube

58s - 10mm shorter stem, 5mm less spacers, same length seatpost exposed

@Calnago Ooh you seem to have pretty long legs, now I'm starting to understand your complaints about the recent Assos shorts being too short. :-D

Calnago

by Calnago

I'm not getting more involved in this than I already have. I think @mag's on the right track in helping you with your anlaysis. Typically, I would prefer the non "H" models just for aesthetic reasons in that there's less of a slope to the top tube.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Italia

by Italia

mag wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm
I'm sure Calnago will write a better reply if he gets around here again, but after seeing your photos I'd rule out the 56s. You've got quite a lot of spacers under the stem already and in order to achieve a similar fit on the 56s you'd need 10mm more of them. So you're left with either 58s or 56h and you can achieve a similar fit with both (already wrote about that earlier in this thread).

I haven't seen any 56h size frame in person, but from what I know about the H-geo frames is that they're basically higher in the front with everything else remaining more or less the same as on their S-geo siblings. That means the effective top tube lengths, seat tube lengths and angles, head tube angles etc.. This makes the H-geo frames' top tubes slightly more sloping.

With 58s the top tube won't be as sloping and you'll have 20mm less of seat post exposed (than with 56h). Actually as the Sempre's (61) seat tube length (C-T) is the same as C64's at 58s, the length of seat post exposed would be about the same (maybe very slightly less due to differences in seat tube angles). So I think you can have the idea when comparing to your Sempre:

56h - same length stem as you have now (assuming you'll use stem with the same angle), 10mm less spacers, 19-20mm more seatpost exposed, more sloping top tube

@Calnago Ooh you seem to have pretty long legs, now I'm starting to understand your complaints about the recent Assos shorts being too short. :-D

The set up I have now is comfortable with no issues on 3+ hr rides. I've never been properly fitted and done my own adjustments as you can probally tell by the stem spacers. That being said I might be able to remove a couple of spacers with a proper bike fitment of which I fully intend to do when new bike arrives. Your opinion & that of the others who have taken time to comment has been invaluable :thumbup:

Thank you all again!

DJT21

by DJT21

Italia wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 am
mag wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm

The set up I have now is comfortable with no issues on 3+ hr rides. I've never been properly fitted and done my own adjustments as you can probally tell by the stem spacers. That being said I might be able to remove a couple of spacers with a proper bike fitment of which I fully intend to do when new bike arrives. Your opinion & that of the others who have taken time to comment has been invaluable :thumbup:

Thank you all again!
It'd make more sense to get a bike fit done prior to buying a new bike.....

Italia

by Italia

Thank you all again for your advice! The 58S fit is perfect and I now look forward to the many miles of riding ahead.
Attachments
C-64 (2 of 5).jpg
C-64 (5 of 5).jpg
C-64 (3 of 5).jpg
C-64 (4 of 5).jpg

Calnago

by Calnago

Nice, you went the right way with the 58s.... whew!
That looks great. Enjoy!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Italia

by Italia

Calnago wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 pm
Nice, you went the right way with the 58s.... whew!
That looks great. Enjoy!
Thank you for your kind words! I always enjoy reading the posts that you partake in and feel you're a great ambassador for the forum. You always put a lot of thought in your posts and your contribution, knowledge is second to none! Thank you for that :thumbup:

corky

by corky

Saddle height is from centre of BB to TOP of saddle.

corky

by corky

I have no idea why the post above got added to this thread .....please disregard......

juanphenao

by juanphenao

Hello Italia, lovely bike...

I am also buyin the C64 and I am also 6.3 tall and inseam 36, .. with the new bike how many drop do you have from saddle to bars??

thank you

juanphenao

by juanphenao

Italia wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:03 pm
Thank you all again for your advice! The 58S fit is perfect and I now look forward to the many miles of riding ahead.
Hello Italia, lovely bike...

I am also buyin the C64 and I am also 6.3 tall and inseam 36, .. with the new bike how many drop do you have from saddle to bars??

thank you

ipaul

by ipaul

Italia, what item bars and stem are those Colnago’s? And does anyone know if they are available as aftermarket?
:P

mag

by mag

Colnago R41 stem & bars and yes, they're available aftermarket.

by Weenie

ipaul

by ipaul

Thanks mag. Found them but the ones I see do not appear to have the larger aero flat top? Maybe it’s the photos on the vendors and colnagos site. Also are the bars measured c-c from the bar ends. Like to know what it would be from the hoods form with @italia or anyone else who has a set. Thanks in advance.
:P