SL6 project - few questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

packetloss

by packetloss

twoangstroms wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm
Question: building up an SL6 (S-Works or Pro) frame, what bottom bracket do you use? I am thinking of getting a frame to build with SRAM Red and a Red Quarq power meter, but not sure I'm reading the Specialized specs right for the bottom bracket.
A better option is to get the S-works cranks and the Quarq specialized d-zero spider. It's a great, light crank.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

packetloss wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 pm
twoangstroms wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm
Question: building up an SL6 (S-Works or Pro) frame, what bottom bracket do you use? I am thinking of getting a frame to build with SRAM Red and a Red Quarq power meter, but not sure I'm reading the Specialized specs right for the bottom bracket.
A better option is to get the S-works cranks and the Quarq specialized d-zero spider. It's a great, light crank.
Thanks. That is a good option. But I should have mentioned that I already own and use the Quarq Red BB30 on my current race bike, so I could swap it over and not buy something new.

Wait, could I swap it over? Would the spindle length be okay? And can one use the Red 10spd crank with a Red 11spd setup (been eyeing discounted eTap groups)?

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

that large DUKE logo is obnoxious