Shortest reach handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jasperp

by jasperp

Bontrager VR-s

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1635-02 met Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Of the hoods, it may do.
But not on the bars.
This is what i dislike not finding bars, designed to be as most want them.
I read about how bars are often mounted and it was flat top, not angled.
Personally i ordered 3T Superergo. But the measurement was totally off (reach longer to hoods).
As is Ritchey WCS Superlogic (carbon). From 78 to (105 - 12 = 93)
Only bar i have that is right on, is the older Easton EC90 Aero (red painted originally).
Unique angle where you actually mount the hoods.

BTW, i think Fairwheel bikes review of handlebars covers a part of this. Even though on MCFK it is a bit strange (IMO)
Many aero bars are actually designed as flat top bars.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slowK

by slowK

jekyll man wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm
Not sure how narrow you're after:
https://kidsracing.co.uk/products/hup-3 ... ross-bikes
These look very similar: http://hillbrick.com.au/components/hand ... k-rac.html

I just installed them (38cm) and they are brilliant for me. Can finally use the drops comfortably. Fit well with Shimano GRX-600 series levers.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Have a look at BBK bars on eBay.

Classic / shallow drop, & widths of 34,36,38cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romaosl

by romaosl

PRO LT Gravel Handlebar has 65mm reach.

https://www.pro-bikegear.com/uk/gravel/ ... -handlebar

unclearv

by unclearv

FSA Energy Supercompact = 70mm

PRO PLT CARBON ERGO = 68mm

kode54

by kode54

I saw some Chinese branded bars with short reach here on WW. I forget the name of the bars.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

pmprego

by pmprego

unclearv wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:18 pm
(...)

PRO PLT CARBON ERGO = 68mm
Good luck finding some anywhere. Ok... finding some less than 44 ou 46cm wide.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

kode54 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:52 pm
I saw some Chinese branded bars with short reach here on WW. I forget the name of the bars.
https://exs-cycling.com/products/rx-01-road-handlebar :beerchug:

kervelo

by kervelo

iamraymond

by iamraymond

-Satori X-Race Aero bars. I ordered these and returned them because they aren't actually 65mm reach. According to my measurements they were around 72-75mm. Strangely the bars are printed with 56mm reach which I think is way off. The narrowest they came was 42cm.

-Easton EC90 SLX3. This is an older bar with a 75mm reach but because of the shape of the curve you can mount your levers higher to reduce the reach. Only reason I sold it was because I moved to a 38cm bar.

-Canyon H13 Ergo. This bar came stock on my Canyon Endurace and got my switched to the narrower 38cm handlebars. The shape is perfect for me and the 70mm reach/125mm drop should fit your criteria. They are also quite cheap and not too heavy for an alloy bar (259g for 38cm). Canyon also makes this bar in carbon (H18 CF Ergo) and I've fitted it to a friends bike who loves the shape; unfortunately the carbon version doesn't come in 38cm.

-Cannondale Escape Hanger. I wanted to replicate the Canyon H13 but in carbon and this was my next setup. Same specs at 70mm reach and 125mm drop and it was available in 38cm. Quite light at 184g for size 38cm. This has a nice short reach and I find the curve of the bar very comfortable; similar to the Canyon. Only thing I'd warn is if you have big hands, then the straight/non-flared drops means your hands can be hitting the top of the bar when you ride on the drops.

-EXS Cycling RX01. This is my favourite bar at the moment. 70mm reach, 125mm drop, available in 38cm, and very light at 160g (standard version). The curve is very similar to the Cannondale/Canyon bars, but the drops have a slight flare which makes them much more comfortable. My 38cm bars are 40cm at the drops. I don't hit the top of the bars when riding in the drops (like I do on the Cannondale bars). My only gripe about these is if you have to route cables through them it's a big pain because there's pieces of the bladder from the manufacturing process still in side the bar. I eventually was able to route di2 cables through, but it was an ordeal. Otherwise these are great.

pmprego

by pmprego

Cadex is also supposed to have a very light and short reach handlebar. Unfortunately does not have any flare and I haven't see any reviews out there.

rjich

by rjich

Maybe easier option is to research stems at 0 degrees or +6 if not currently using. Brings things a bit nearer. No knee bashing.

snaxez

by snaxez

Looking for some short reach bars as well. New shimano levers are 4mm longer and bike fit told me, that I`m too far out.
I like Ritchey Evocurve bend, is there anything similar to that with 70mm reach?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

snaxez wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:36 pm
Looking for some short reach bars as well. New shimano levers are 4mm longer and bike fit told me, that I`m too far out.
I like Ritchey Evocurve bend, is there anything similar to that with 70mm reach?
That's why I won't be upgrading to 12 speed I'm already as short reach as I can go on my current frame