Cockpit Mount by CarbonWorks (Garmin, Wahoo, Sigma)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CarbonWorks

by CarbonWorks

Hi :D
I have asked myself, if a Cockpit Mount (for Garmin, Wahoo, Sigma) also needs to carry a light or other parts like a GoPro?
What do you think? Do you need adapters for these components or not?
In my opinion it is not necessary, but maybe I am wrong!

Furthermore I think of inventing a new holder which is strong enough to use it as aerobar.
What do you think of this idea?

Thank you very much,
Simon

Simon
carbonworks.de

ArtV

by ArtV

Yes, the stem GPS mount should be able to carry a GPS on top and a light/gopro on the underside.

No input on the aerobar idea.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mcfarton

by mcfarton

I mount a light under my Garmin via a go pro mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

For myself, the computer mount in its lightest form is all that is needed. I always see people with all kind of gadgetry cluttering and weighting down bikes, but they are also the same people riding super aero frames, disc brakes, and super deep wheel sets while doing 16 mph in the flats!

Your design looks good, but brings questions in my mind:

1. If I had Ti bolts in my stem, this design would kill using the bottom 2, which defeats the purpose.
2. Where would one put the bottom 2 screws to hold the face plate and be able to torque it correctly?
3. I frankly think most of these mounts in the market (way too many already) are simply overweight and overdone in terms of what really is required to hold a tiny computer that weights hardly anything!
4. Lastly, why not make the entire thing from carbon fiber?

trimenc

by trimenc

Simon,

I would personally LOVE to be able to mount my GPS on top and my Cycliq light underneath. I have multiple MCFK stems and cannot use your mount....sadly.

As far as the aerobar situation...ABSOLUTELY.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

dgasmd wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm
I always see people with all kind of gadgetry cluttering and weighting down bikes, but they are also the same people riding super aero frames, disc brakes, and super deep wheel sets while doing 16 mph in the flats!
This is so true, hit the nail right on the head!
dgasmd wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm
2. Where would one put the bottom 2 screws to hold the face plate and be able to torque it correctly?
I've been looking at the F3 Form Mount which is very similar in design and was wondering that question too. Would it be possible to fit an extension between the socket and the torque wrench or would that bias the reading?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen