DT swiss truing stand...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

uraqt

by uraqt

I post in the wheels thread but nobody repsoned .....

So years after using a cheap truing stand, I have decided that it's time for an upgrade to somthing nice....

I have kinda ended up at getting the DT swiss, not because I think it great, just think it's has less to fail comparied to the centrimaster and cheaper than the p&klie. I didn't see any real good reviews on any saying one is better, or downsides of any....

Any feedback here?

C

2lo8

by 2lo8

I don't see the point of an expensive truing stand without dial guages. I can do just of good of a job truing on an old frame or fork with a piece of tape for vertical deviation and some repurposed brake calipers as I can with any truing stand without dial guages. It's just that a good truing stand takes up less space, doesn't have to be fitted on a stand and will take just about any type of wheel.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Parrain

by Parrain

Have a look at the french truing stand from Aivee (complete with dial gauge) superb ! https://www.facebook.com/aiveecnc/?ref=bookmarks

uraqt

by uraqt

@parrain..
Thanks I will wait and see the cost and more info sounds liek it brand new!!!

C

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Hello

I have the DT stand.

Really nice tool AND it looks good

It does the job well and is VERY steady and solid. A lot of other stands is like wiggling around when used.

The best

Moller
Speed of Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Parrain

by Parrain

uraqt wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 am
@parrain..
Thanks I will wait and see the cost and more info sounds liek it brand new!!!

C
Thats right, it was just released. Engineered by Asterion wheelbuider and build fby Aivee (it's CNC'ed from billet aluminium ) . I saw it at the Velofolies bike show in Belgium . It's a piece of Art and Benoît of Asterion who has years of wheelbuiding behind him puts all of his knowledge in this truing stand. I thing it will cost around 1500 euro. (I'm not linked to this company by any manner)