Fizik Arione users........

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaveO

by DaveO

Hi all

I've been using a Arione wing flex (classic) now for 10 years and always found it comfy.

Time for a new perch (want lighter and carbon rails)so tried an R1, did not like it as seemed much flatter and rubbed my inner thigh. Same with the R3.

I know Fizik has "updated" the Arione shape but I prefer the more rounded profile. Anyone else found this?

The Open or Versus Evo worth a try?

Thanks is advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TiCass

by TiCass

I prefer the 00 over the R1 and R3. Go figure...

scale29

by scale29

I always used to use Arione, but last time I accidentally bought an Antares R1 which I now much prefer if I’m honest.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

TiCass wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm
I prefer the 00 over the R1 and R3. Go figure...

Me too. the 00 has a round profile ... and its light !!

dim

by dim

LOL .... Ive just bought a used Arione wing flex for my new bike (Trek Emonda SL6)

there's only 2 saddles that I have used that I find super comfy (and I have had many) .... the one being the wing flex ... and the the most comfy (for me) is the Brooks Cambium C17 carved

I still have the Brooks but wanted something a bit lighter

I think that if I were to ride a long Audax (such as Paris Brest Paris), I'd opt for the Brooks (thats why I still have it)

I've learned that it's not worth saving a few grams for a saddle that is not super comfortable ....

IMHO the saddle is the most important part of a bike .... if your arse is sore after 60 miles, and you still have 100 miles to ride, it will be a very shit day
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

ubers

by ubers

I had an R1 once and it didn't work for me - found it to be terribly hard and uncomfortable, and it gave me bad saddle sore. Switched to an R7 (cromo rails with plastic body) and found it to be way more comfortable. Also had tried a carbon railed R3 and found that to be too hard also. My conclusion was that the plastic bodies saddle with non-carbon rails has much more compliance than the carbon Arione models.

You may consider trying a non-carbon Arione before the Open or Versus evo.

ms6073

by ms6073

Kind of a way outside the box suggestion, but I find the Fizik Tundra M1 to be a good alterantive to the Arionne.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Interesting thread. I've got an old Arione R3 that I like, I have an Antares R3 that I like, but don't love. I was thinking about something lighter but people are saying the Arione R1 is less comfortable than the Arione 00, then I might get that, but it's not exactly cheap. I'm wondering about success stories with the open and larger versions that other people might want to share..

kode54

by kode54

i'm riding the Arione 00 on all my bikes. i also find it more comfy than the R3.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I'm a recent convert to Fizik from Selle Italia and now have Arione variants on all my bikes. I too have found the 00 to be marginally more comfortable than the others, and I can't honestly say I can tell the R1 and R3 apart other than the weight obviously.

One of the things that prompted me to change was the introduction of the Open versions, as the Selle Italia SLR Flows had always suited me best. Thus the first couple of Ariones I bought were R1 Opens, but oddly unlike Selle Italia I actually prefer the standard versions.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Mockenrue wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm
I'm a recent convert to Fizik from Selle Italia and now have Arione variants on all my bikes. I too have found the 00 to be marginally more comfortable than the others, and I can't honestly say I can tell the R1 and R3 apart other than the weight obviously.

One of the things that prompted me to change was the introduction of the Open versions, as the Selle Italia SLR Flows had always suited me best. Thus the first couple of Ariones I bought were R1 Opens, but oddly unlike Selle Italia I actually prefer the standard versions.
Great information. Saving for a 00. Standard width, no holes or channels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TiCass

by TiCass

The 00 just have the right amount of flex. I believe that,s why its more confy than the R1/R3.