Colnago SR9 Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

What is the best alternative for internal cable routing Shimano Di2 DA9170?
Deda Alanera DCR?
viewtopic.php?t=164696

milanv

by milanv

So I decided to stay with Colnago SR9 stem at the moment, ride any rides and see...

Deda Alanera is the future option, when I know and I am fitted on bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

As I am partial to my Enve SES aero road bars, I am considering the new custom Enve integrated road bars, especially since there is a hidden mount for the EW-RS910 Junction behind where the computer mount attaches.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

milanv

by milanv

ms6073 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:16 am
As I am partial to my Enve SES aero road bars, I am considering the new custom Enve integrated road bars, especially since there is a hidden mount for the EW-RS910 Junction behind where the computer mount attaches.
Link to these bars, please, thx.

ms6073

by ms6073

Introducing the Enve Integrated Road System

Enve's new handlebar is being discussed in the Enve Integrated bar/stem thread.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

hannawald

by hannawald

Can I please ask you what the stack height of the Colnago disc headset cover is? I have heard it is 5mm as the aero spacers but on the pictures it seems to me higher than the spacers..

I have also seen different data about the weight of the stem - 163g for 100mm but also 189g..
The angle of the stem is quoted -6 degree, but it seems to me it is including the cable guide part? Because the alloy part seems quite more steep..

I am trying to decide on my cockpit. I need some spacers so I need to calculate if it is better to use this thin (3cm) SR9 stem with lots of spacers (As the cable guide also looks like a spacer) or rather to put there standard 16mm Colnago conical spacer, some round spacers and use bars with DCR hole and guide the cables inside the stem..
As the SR9 cable guide separates the cables it may be more silent solution..

Thank you so much for your help!

zero71

by zero71

Is there any reason why I shouldn't put a 5mm spacer on top of the SR9 stem?

ms6073

by ms6073

zero71 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:43 pm
The direct answer is no, especially if you are on the fence about correct stack height and steerer tube length. One thing to consider though is if you have a 2020 or newer Colnago C64 or V3RS with the 'D' shaped solid steerer for internal cable routing, unless you cut the steerer tube a smidge to high, then the design of the steerer does not require a spacer above the stem.
- Michael

PSM

by PSM

I am so glad over my Aethos.

Ilovebikes986

by Ilovebikes986

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:14 pm
zero71 wrote:
The direct answer is no, especially if you are on the fence about correct stack height and steerer tube length. One thing to consider though is if you have a 2020 or newer Colnago C64 or V3RS with the 'D' shaped solid steerer for internal cable routing, unless you cut the steerer tube a smidge to high, then the design of the steerer does not require a spacer above the stem.
Can you explain this further? On a newer V3Rs, can spacers be placed on top of the stem? For example, if I originally have 30mm worth of spacers under the stem, can I move 10mm from below to on top - leaving 20mm below stem without re-cutting steerer?

Perp

by Perp

Ilovebikes986 wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:14 pm
zero71 wrote:
Can you explain this further? On a newer V3Rs, can spacers be placed on top of the stem? For example, if I originally have 30mm worth of spacers under the stem, can I move 10mm from below to on top - leaving 20mm below stem without re-cutting steerer?
Yes, you can place spacers on top. I have as I'm too lazy to cut the steerer

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

I may be misunderstanding the question, if you want spacers above the stem from the start, then no problem, my comments are more about changing spacers configuration after the bike is built. To futher clarify, my experience is with a 2021 C64 Di2 disc which I originally set up using the Colnago cable tray under the stem but later opted to omit the tray and run the hydro and Di2 directly up and through the Sr9 stem. This was a several hour exercise as it required new hydro cables and getting the Di2 cables routed through Enve SES aero bars is stupid difficult due to the narrow constrictions inside the bar at the bend to the drops. In my case though, the spacers are a 2 peice design, and can be added/removed by removing the slide-in part at the back of the spacer, thus changing spacer stack in my setup would be a pain, but not impossible. While I cannot speak directly to the V3RS, the fork designs are similar and after a quick web search for headset spacer images, I note that in all of the images I looked at, the spacers appear to be one peice so once the bike is built, changing spacer height would be a major undertaking.

- Michael

corky

by corky

ms6073 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:27 pm
I may be misunderstanding the question, if you want spacers above the stem from the start, then no problem, my comments are more about changing spacers configuration after the bike is built. To futher clarify, my experience is with a 2021 C64 Di2 disc which I originally set up using the Colnago cable tray under the stem but later opted to omit the tray and run the hydro and Di2 directly up and through the Sr9 stem. This was a several hour exercise as it required new hydro cables and getting the Di2 cables routed through Enve SES aero bars is stupid difficult due to the narrow constrictions inside the bar at the bend to the drops. In my case though, the spacers are a 2 peice design, and can be added/removed by removing the slide-in part at the back of the spacer, thus changing spacer stack in my setup would be a pain, but not impossible. While I cannot speak directly to the V3RS, the fork designs are similar and after a quick web search for headset spacer images, I note that in all of the images I looked at, the spacers appear to be one peice so once the bike is built, changing spacer height would be a major undertaking.

My V3RS has the split 2 part spacers, I removed 2 of them after thbike had been built, managing to lose the additional slack in the hoses as a result without issue.....

Dov

by Dov

The reviews on Sigma for this are enough to scare a person.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Colnag ... -Stem/L927
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zero71

by zero71

Dov wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:17 pm
The reviews on Sigma for this are enough to scare a person.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Colnag ... -Stem/L927
To be fair, there's only 3 reviews, 2 of them are negative because they think it's ugly. One of them because cable runs are tight - there's not a lot of room inside to run cables, certainly not mechanical.

Structurally it seems fine. I'm in the middle of a c64disc build at the moment and have no issues with the stem. I'm using etap 11, so I just have a couple of brake lines in the stem and it's totally fine for that. I don't object to its looks either.

I'd absolutely prefer the cables to run inside the alu rather than within a plastic channel underneath. Deda's version looks very similar in design, do they make it for Colnago?

Here's my WIP...