Colnago SR9 Stem

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
scb

by scb

ymisyd wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:05 pm
maxice wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Whats the difference between the SR9 and the R41 stem? Just been informed my C64 is almost ready, I've ordered the R41 stem but have read somewhere that there were issues with the internal routing on them?
I ordered and thought I was getting the R41, but even the dealer was surprised that the SR9 came instead. The R41 isn't compatible with internal routing.
Same here

maxice

by maxice

I'm planning on running a mechanical setup on this so those bends are worrying!?

by Weenie

ms6073

by ms6073

Wowza, almost US $6500 simply for the disc frameset! :noidea:
What about the Di2 junction A? Is this using the bar end junction or is there a removable plate for installing in the down tube? From the online images, appears to be a downtube installation.
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

scb

by scb

maxice wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm
I'm planning on running a mechanical setup on this so those bends are worrying!?
I'm doing same thing with SR-12 speed mechanical and have been told it's not an issue.

ymisyd

by ymisyd

scb wrote:
maxice wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm
I'm doing same thing with SR-12 speed mechanical and have been told it's not an issue.
Give it a try but there's no way I would do a sharp 114 degree bend with mechanical cables. I'm sure the stem is designed only for hydraulic lines, which can cope with the tighter bend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ymisyd

by ymisyd

ms6073 wrote:Wowza, almost US $6500 simply for the disc frameset! :noidea:
What about the Di2 junction A? Is this using the bar end junction or is there a removable plate for installing in the down tube? From the online images, appears to be a downtube installation.
I'm using the bar end junction. Personally, there's no way I could have that external junction box stuck on the stem. It's what helped me settle on DA rather than Campagnolo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

maxice

by maxice

Imagine the other integrated options on other makes would have similar issues with the bends?

Calnago

by Calnago

Yes, any significant bends in a mechanical cable routing create added friction and compromise shifting. A guy wanted me to build his Madone (last years model). Campy mechanical 12sp was out and I said, well... the only way I want to touch that thing is if we go with Campy 12sp, so I could get some experience with it. So he brings over the frame and we throw out all the parts on the floor. I study it all, especially how the cable routing would have to go and just told him flat out... ya know... I just can’t in good conscience recommend doing a mechanical drive train on this bike. So as much as I would have liked to install the new 12sp mechanical, he went with Di2 instead. With some internally routed bikes, the difference in cable bends etc can be no more than with externally routed bikes, so it’s fine. But when you have to internally route through tight bends in bars, stems. headtube, downtube... compromised shifting is all but inevitable. Will it work?... maybe. Will it work as well as it could without all those bends?... not a chance.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

I've had that issue with Campy 11 speed just going though bars with internal routing holes.

I see mechanical Ultegra and Dura Ace all the time on the Madone 9. Do people have shifting problems due to cable bends? Is Campy more susceptible to tight bends?

Dansanmartin

by Dansanmartin

Hello ymisyd,
Was the SR9 stem and weird shaped spacers included in the frame purchase or did you have to pay extra for it?

ymisyd

by ymisyd

Dansanmartin wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:51 am
Hello ymisyd,
Was the SR9 stem and weird shaped spacers included in the frame purchase or did you have to pay extra for it?
Stem is a standalone purchase - not included with frameset.

frommel

by frommel

The stem came with my 2019 C64 Disc frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk