Quarq dzero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billendk

by billendk

Hi.

I am about pulling the trigger for a new powermeter to my madone.
Anybody know if there is something new from quarq, as i can see the spider look different on the new 2x12 etap?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

I think you answered your own question right there. That pic isn’t a dzero and it’s got the Quarq logo on it

Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

glander

by glander

Yep on the way but far from mass production / release. I have used at least 4 different Quarq PM through the years and they all have been dialed. I say just get whats available now and learn how to ride with power to improve your performance.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

I've been very happy with my DZero. It's a robust unit that takes the classic SRM design and adds a replaceable coin cell and active temperature compensation. IMHO pretty much perfect and I can't imagine them adding features that I would find an urgent need to upgrade to.

That said there are discounts everywhere on Quarqs so the unit above is coming. Looks rechargeable, perhaps with a new SRAM wireless ecosystem and it will probably be very light if that is a direct mount one piece 2x setup with smaller chainrings. Remains to be seen whether they will release a unit that is aimed at Shimano users or one for generic chainrings.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Let guess what would be the potential improvements:
-rechargable battery?
-accept smaller chainring than 33t? something like 32t, 30t?
-using DUB interface rather than GXP or BB30, BB386 ?
-potentially improved accuracy?
-probably weight less?

If none of these interest you, getting Dzero at discounted price is a good choice.

cerro

by cerro

Don't think a dubcrank will fit the small Trek bb standard so go with a Dzero.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Go with P2max,better Quality at same price
My Quarq D-Zero dont work after 30 hours,service of Quarq is not the fastest but good

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Pinguin wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:03 am
Go with P2max,better Quality at same price
My Quarq D-Zero dont work after 30 hours,service of Quarq is not the fastest but good
At least in the US, Quarq/Zipp/SRAM customer service is great.

Also I would say P2M and Quarq are about the same in terms of functionality, but Quarqs are slightly more expensive and have slightly better build quality. I've seen a number of cracked plastic housings on P2Ms. The Quarq battery compartment does present a compatibility issue with some chainrings (forcing you to grind away material.)

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Also, and I accept a lot of people will not use this, the Quarq can be recalibrated at the user end. Some bike shops will offer this service. If you buy a Power2Max that doesn't agree with your other powermeters they will not accept this as a warranty issue.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Good posting,also like Srm does,thats defenitly a plus for Quarq
But in my issue i have to wait 3 to 4weeks of a new Quarq,thats really a long time in race season

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com