Stem -10 degree, 110mm, sub 120g, sub $50-60 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StanK

by StanK

RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 am
StanK wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm
Does anyone have -10° stem on bike with 12° (11-13 is fine, too) slope top tube? Pics would be much appreciated. :D

I try to figure out will it be (for me) visually ok, or would be too much "down" look ...
-17 on my bike is flat to the road. Never much thought of the asthetics of it. More aero.
Can't help myself, I'm an esthete in heart :mrgreen:
I was simulating -17 in Photoshop and I wasn't liked looks of it at all. So, no way. If I have horizontal top tube (or just few degrees slope) I would go for it, no question asked. Or if I ride races or something like that.
For my rides and that few segments of few roads where I ride on stopwatch ... I choose look before a small bonus in speed.

Btw. in the end I bought PRO PLT. But, weight is not 133g (advertised) but 137g. And with Ti bolts (taken from other stem just for now, but may stay) - 129g. So, 18g added. I'm little disappointed with that.

Now I thinking ...
I could swap front plate from previous stem (New Ultimate, white) and put it on PRO PLT and save 7g.

It would be black and white stem, but it may look just fine that way, actually :D I will try that, for sake of a experiment, If nothing else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

What was the slope of your previous stem?

I'm wondering if you just upgraded fron -6 or -7 to -8. :shock:

StanK

by StanK

-6. I don't know, I didn't measure, but this one should be -10 degree :o

Previous two stems was 100 and 120mm. Obviously, one too short, second one too large. So I bought this one mainly for his 110mm, for best fit. But also for few mm down, and visually to better match with slope of top tube. So far I'm satisfyed, and was pretty cheap :)