BB and chainring recommendations please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Hello, my Dura ace stages power meter is not long for this world, I’m experiencing the well documented battery drain along with intermittent signal dropout.

I’ve managed to pick up a Quarq Dzero for a good price and now need to get chain rings and a BB to suit.

My frame is BB86 and the chain set is GXP, my only prior experience with GXP is the crank on my MTB where I’m running a Hope BSA bb with GXP adaptors.

Are the stock Sram BBs any good? I know C-bear make one for this application hope also make a thread together PF BB that I could run with adapters, open to other suggestions and feedback from users.

Secondly, what 50/34 chainrings should I look for which will play nice with my di2 shifting. Ideally I’d like something that shifts as well as the stock 9000 rings. Crank is 110bcd none hidden bolt

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Congrats on your Quarq purchase.

The Sram GXP BB86 is very good. It’s cheap and has low seal friction. There’s no need to spend extra money on expensive BBs.

On my prior bike I ran Quarq Red GXP with Red chainrings and Di2 9070 with no issues. Generally the heavier chainrings are stiffer, and will give you better shifting performance than lighter weight chainrings. I recommend Red 22 chainrings for your Quarq.

In hindsight you could have gotten the Quarq DFour GXP which uses Shimano 9000/9100 rings. But you will be fine with the Red rings and Di2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Thanks, I would have gone for the dfour, but the best price I could find was £200 more than I’ve paid!

I’ll get a sram BB ordered then, that’s saved me a few quid :)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Stiff chainrings with good shifting ramps are probably the best. However, the full blown weenie might argue over weight increase!?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.