Digital hanging scale?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mvcap

by mvcap

Are there any good alternatives to the Park Tool DS-1 digital hanging scale? I feel sure there are competitors that work as well for under $65. Any experience with other makes/models? Thanks!

ms6073

by ms6073

Feedback Sports Expedition Scale
Alternately, navigate to Amazon.com and use the search phrase 'digital hanging scale'.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2lo8

by 2lo8

Some random cheap fish scale from eBay. Seems to be pretty accurate when comparing to spreadsheets and hanging components of decent weight. 5g(?) resolution. Even if you don't beleive it down to the nearest 5g, those alternatives have 20g resolution, and I'm pretty sure it's accurate within 20g from 0-10kg at least.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

biwa

by biwa

Get one from Amazon, may not be accurate down to single-digit grams, but more than sufficient for the purpose

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I use a hanging luggage scale I got on eBay. I think it was less than 10 bucks. It’s within 5 or so grams of a friend’s Park Tool scale.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

2lo8

by 2lo8

JerryLook wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:46 pm
I use a hanging luggage scale I got on eBay. I think it was less than 10 bucks. It’s within 5 or so grams of a friend’s Park Tool scale.
The park tool one doesn't even measure down to 5g increments like the eBay ones. It measures down to 20g. You usually need some string to measure things using a fish/luggage scale though, the pure luggage ones are usually made to be held by hand only. The hook is probably the only thing special about the park tool scale.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Yeah mine has a strap you hold it by. I usually hang it by a bungee from my garage door track. Not the most high tech method, but it works for me.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

Aliexpress?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com