Berk Lupina Padded Saddle Fit Issues

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
tnkn

by tnkn

I'm now down to the final piece of my S-Works Tarmac SL6 project and it doesn't fit as expected.

Has anyone else had problems with their Berk Lupina Padded saddle? Mine rocks back and forth in the 7x9 clamp supplied with my frame.

I've measured the rails using my digital vernier calliper and they're coming out at 6.8x8mm. Seems like quite a big manufacturing error.

I have fitted my Selle Italia Carbonio flow which seats perfectly with no movement. so I know it's not the clamp.

Ordered a new Berk with the hope the old one was just from a bad batch.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I guess you have to ask Jure to measure next saddle so it fits.
This one obviously is out of spec if it was sold as a 7*9?

Side clamping seatposts is such an idiotic invention.
I have two myself, they do nothing better than the ones that clamp vertically.
No problems with any of all my saddles i have owned (well over 20).

I have 7*7 and 7*9 for my side clamp posts. Bontrager (10mm high rail) and Selle San Marco (9.8mm high rail). Also have one saddle that is 9.6 and one that is 9.3mm, they don't work either.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

by Weenie

RyanH

by RyanH

That sounds like his "round" rail model. If I recall correctly it was roughly those dimensions and for ritchey posts I had to get the Selle clamp

sychen

by sychen

Have you tried the round rail clamps that come with your bike?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tnkn

by tnkn

I tried the round clamp, but the rails are definitely oval shape. They didn't fit in.

I've ordered another saddle and will send the existing one back. Fingers crossed the new one fits.

moyboy

by moyboy

I have a berk lupina with oval rails and have no issues with the sl6 carbon rail clamps

Js2

by Js2

Mine (oval rail version) keeps slipping a little bit over time and had to check it every few rides, despite tightening it to 7Nm + carbon paste. It rocks front and back a little bit and is what I guess contributing to the slow slippage when you hit bumps, etc.

I decided to use the S works romin evo on the SL6 and has not have slippage yet at 6Nm.
Before the SL6 I use this on the Allez with the vertical tightening screw seat post (FSA K Force) and had no issues of slipping.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

my dila (oval) rocks over so slightly in my Ergon Cf3 post using the oval mount. ... not slipping as far as I can tell.

STUB1

by STUB1

anyone able to offer a quick bit of advice? i have a bmc slr01 disc and was looking to put a berk luppina padded saddle on. I'm just a bit unsure about what saddle clamp I need. It currently has the stock clamp that came with the bike although the LBS put my speciaslied toupe saddle on instead of the fizik aliante R5 that came with the bike. Will they work with the oval rails or do I need a new seat clamp? Thanks in advance.

Also, what size do people opt for? My specialized is 143, sort of right in between the berk width offerings, although I do believe the padded is closer to 140ish.

thorerik

by thorerik

Im having similar trouble with my berk lupina paddes ovel rail. On my allez sprint i have to go beyond 6nm to tighten it or else it is way to loose.

Havent tried to measure the diameter, but will check tomorrow.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 pm
my dila (oval) rocks over so slightly in my Ergon Cf3 post using the oval mount. ... not slipping as far as I can tell.
got another Ergon / Canyon branded S14 seatpost w/less setback... DIla does not rock at all now... strange.

sychen

by sychen

Just got my oval railed unpadded lupina.. And I have the rocking issue.

From what in measured... It's too thin. 6.81mm by 8. 32mm.

And depends on the style of the clamp.. May not like it
My SWorks side clamp for instance doesn't like it
A post 2 bar style probably have less issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie