Campagnolo Power Meters

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
scb

by scb

kervelo wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 am
I am building a new bike with Campagnolo and on Black Friday I decided to go with vector 3 (20% discount helped). The bike will have the chorus disc groupset and I really didn’t like the idea of getting the chainline wrong with some 3rd party crankset. One option was the stages H11, but it is not exactly cheap for a left-only. P2M would have been another option and perhaps still is, if I don’t like the pedal based PM.
Same decision here. Vector 3s with SR 12 speed.

fogman

by fogman

Been happy with my P2M NGeco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

GaBa

by GaBa

Since I am using Speedplay pedals I did not have other options as to go with crank based PM. Since this was my first PM I did not want to go all in and opted for cheaper P2M, I bought Rotor crankset. Besides the looks and my OCD telling me everything on the bike should be Campa I do not have any complaints at all. Maybe shifting is a bit worse when drivetrain gets dirty as compared to full Campa drivetrain but that's about it as far as I've noticed.

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

I am quite content with my PowerPod.

naavt

by naavt

GaBa wrote:Since I am using Speedplay pedals I did not have other options as to go with crank based PM. Since this was my first PM I did not want to go all in and opted for cheaper P2M, I bought Rotor crankset. Besides the looks and my OCD telling me everything on the bike should be Campa I do not have any complaints at all. Maybe shifting is a bit worse when drivetrain gets dirty as compared to full Campa drivetrain but that's about it as far as I've noticed.
Thank you so much for sharing. I’m in the same boat as you really! Between the cheapest and the best looking (Campag)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

naavt

by naavt

SchallUndRauch wrote:I am quite content with my PowerPod.
Curiously, I’m very happy with the one I have on my “commuter” bike. It works flawlessly really!

But the truth is that I’m very skeptical to use one on my Italian bike, mainly for aesthetic reasons.

naavt

by naavt

fogman wrote:Been happy with my P2M NGeco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And looks the part! Image

kervelo

by kervelo

scb wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:39 pm
kervelo wrote:
I am building a new bike with Campagnolo and on Black Friday I decided to go with vector 3 (20% discount helped). The bike will have the chorus disc groupset and I really didn’t like the idea of getting the chainline wrong with some 3rd party crankset. One option was the stages H11, but it is not exactly cheap for a left-only. P2M would have been another option and perhaps still is, if I don’t like the pedal based PM.
It is quite frustrating to read about all issues related to vector 3 pedals. I wonder if there are any riders that are happy with their pedals.
https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sp ... g/vector-3

Garmin has had software issues for years and nothing has changed; you can read about the pairing issues with the new 520 plus and iPhones, for example. Somehow I feel that the sw issues are still easier to fix than the battery/dropout/etc. issues with vector.

karmaz

by karmaz

naavt wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:08 pm
GaBa wrote:Since I am using Speedplay pedals I did not have other options as to go with crank based PM. Since this was my first PM I did not want to go all in and opted for cheaper P2M, I bought Rotor crankset. Besides the looks and my OCD telling me everything on the bike should be Campa I do not have any complaints at all. Maybe shifting is a bit worse when drivetrain gets dirty as compared to full Campa drivetrain but that's about it as far as I've noticed.
Thank you so much for sharing. I’m in the same boat as you really! Between the cheapest and the best looking (Campag)

I had the same concerns, ended up getting a 5-arm Type S on sale. While still expensive despite the sale, it really felt like the right choice and I don't regrets spending the extra 300. Also the rings on my existing crankset were due for a replacement ;)

scb

by scb

kervelo wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:49 am
scb wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:39 pm
kervelo wrote:
It is quite frustrating to read about all issues related to vector 3 pedals. I wonder if there are any riders that are happy with their pedals.
https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sp ... g/vector-3

Garmin has had software issues for years and nothing has changed; you can read about the pairing issues with the new 520 plus and iPhones, for example. Somehow I feel that the sw issues are still easier to fix than the battery/dropout/etc. issues with vector.
I’ve had Vector 2 pedals for 2.5 years with no issues at all. They’ve been bulletproof. Also been happy with 1030.

silvalis

by silvalis

I have an SR11 groupset and would have gone NG Eco, but ended up with a Quarq dzero with praxis rings.
Shifts fine, not as good as my SR 4 bolt crank, but fine.
Chasse patate

naavt

by naavt

silvalis wrote:I have an SR11 groupset and would have gone NG Eco, but ended up with a Quarq dzero with praxis rings.
Shifts fine, not as good as my SR 4 bolt crank, but fine.
I assume that was a very difficult decision, to trade SR cranks and CULT bearings for a power meter, knowing that shifting is good but not as good...

silvalis

by silvalis

Not really. Power was just higher priority to me.

My first choice was actually vector 3's but I got sick of waiting. Stages cost too much for 1 sided, I didn't want an assioma/powertap and a NG/NG Eco would have cost me nearly an extra $600-1k (AUD) putting it into SRM territory.
Chasse patate

12x23

by 12x23

I’ve had my Vector 3’s for just over one year now with no issues. On odd occasion takes two attempts to calibrate before start. Currently using with Garmin 1030 and early on with 820.

Good info for me as I have a leg length discrepancy, right .51” shorter, shimmed and with custom orthotics.

I’ve also used SRM since 2005 along with Powertap 2.4 and G3 hubs.

Likely I switch all shoes to Look gray cleats and sell Dura-Ace pedals and SRM’s and Powertap wheels. I think one year is a long enough eval period. :lol: :beerchug:

Ebruner

by Ebruner

I run the P2M NG with a Super Record EPS groupset, and could not be more happy. Function, form, Perfect.

by Weenie