Campagnolo Power Meters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

Power2Max NG Eco Campagnolo question - I'm looking at this page:

https://power2max.cc/collections/ngeco- ... ith-cranks

In the specs, under bolt circle diameter options, they say:
Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) Options
130mm / 110mm / 110mm - 4S (made for Shimano chainrings) / 4-bolt Campagnolo
I don't see any way to specify the 4 bolt Campagnolo option but it would be great if one could install real Campagnolo chainrings.

Is this possible?

c60rider

by c60rider

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:38 am
Power2Max NG Eco Campagnolo question - I'm looking at this page:

https://power2max.cc/collections/ngeco- ... ith-cranks

In the specs, under bolt circle diameter options, they say:
Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) Options
130mm / 110mm / 110mm - 4S (made for Shimano chainrings) / 4-bolt Campagnolo
I don't see any way to specify the 4 bolt Campagnolo option but it would be great if one could install real Campagnolo chainrings.

Is this possible?
The information you're looking at appears in every variant of the NG eco power meter but it is just information and it doesn't mean that option is available on the spider you're looking at. If it's not selectable on the drop down then you can't have it in that model. So for campagnolo rings you only have the option to select the campagnolo model spider which obviously is double the price because of the carbon cracks. Because they use a unique bcd you don't have any other option than campagnolo to pick from on that variant.
To go with that cheaper spider you'd have to fit non campagnolo rings for it to match the bcd of the spider.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

The PM options are so limited if one rides campag and non look pedals. It's seriously annoying. I was pretty much set on sending in my SR cranks to 4iiii as they had the dual sided podium Pro available for Sr factory install. However when I wanted to go ahead (didn't want to send my cranks in over summer), that option completely disappeared (and all podium pro are temporary out of stock). I asked them if the SR option will be made again and only received a non committed answer.

I'm now thinking to switch over to assioma, and ditch my time pedals.

The problem with p2max is that I'm essentially paying for a new crank that I don't need and that means paying twice of most other Powermeter.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I've been in a similar boat over the summer with a PM for SRAM Red GXP. First I thought I'd get a spider based PM, then realised that won't work with Red direct mount chainrings, so then looked at single sided Stages/4iiii and then Assiomas.

I don't really want a pedal based PM, as it's relatively easy to damage, but there are advantages too: it's easy to swap the pedals from bike to bike, they work with any bike (within reason) so you're not tied into a particular crankset/BB standard and on top of this Assioma has a great reputation too.

Some people don't like Look cleats, but I don't think they are bad, so yeah if finances allow in 2021 I'll get a pair of Assiomas.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

tomato

by tomato

Cycomanic wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:55 pm
The PM options are so limited if one rides campag and non look pedals. It's seriously annoying.
I've got five different brands of power meters installed on bikes using Campy cranks, and only one of those uses Look-style pedals, so I don't think the choices are all that limited. (P2Max, Vector, SRM, Stages, PowerTap)

In regards to P2M: I found them very nice to deal with. I phoned them with a question and, out of the blue, they offered to include a set of Campy chain rings for free.

c60rider

by c60rider

tomato wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:21 pm
Cycomanic wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:55 pm
The PM options are so limited if one rides campag and non look pedals. It's seriously annoying.
I've got five different brands of power meters installed on bikes using Campy cranks, and only one of those uses Look-style pedals, so I don't think the choices are all that limited. (P2Max, Vector, SRM, Stages, PowerTap)

In regards to P2M: I found them very nice to deal with. I phoned them with a question and, out of the blue, they offered to include a set of Campy chain rings for free.
I have to agree with P2M customer support. When I was buying a second power meter I was undecided between blowing the budget and buying SRM for the slightly better Campagnolo aesthetics or stick with another P2M. The time it took SRM to even reply to my second email (they'd not replied to several by this point) I'd had questions answered, placed an order and had it delivered by P2M by the time SRM got back to me asking if I still wanted to order the power meter! They still hadn't replied to earlier emails :noidea:

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Couple weeks ago I received my Campy P2M PM and right out of the box its not working. I have a flashing green light that wont stop even when the PM has sat still for long durations which means its not going to sleep. I registered it through the P2M app and its trying to do an update but I keep getting a DFU target not found fault so it doesnt make past step 1 of 2. My phone BT does see it and asks me to go to the app to pair but then it goes straight to the update firmware screen. My Garmin 530 doesnt see it and I tried loading the Ant+ which still not happening. I tried my wifes 520 and it doesnt see it either. I am in Canada and contacted the distributor and they are trying to guide me with different approaches to update the firmware but so far nothing has worked. I have paired many devices and updated lots of firmware in the past but this is the worst device I have worked with so far. I think the PM has a malfunction of some kind and the distributor has supposedly put in a request for some kind of action with headquarters or so they say. I am hoping they ask me to ship it back to the distributor for a replacement or a fix.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I run P2MaxNG on my TT bike and SRMs on my road models.. all have been very reliable..
SRM does have a new model out recently which does a L/R balance and also gets rid of the cadence magnet.

A little strange the last SRMs I ordered, both came to me with incorrect slope values associated... I got the slope calculated myself, but still sent them back to ensure it was correct seeing they were brand new.. I really don't know how that happened to two units, and SRM never did answer me as to how it happened... new guy in training?

P2Max is always good to deal with

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

So I did get another email from P2M with another angle at getting the firmware to update. This time they sent a link to an older version of the app and asked that I try to use another android device thinking maybe my Huawei phone doesnt play well with the P2M app. I tried loading the app link to my Samsung tablet and it was more useless than my phone as it wouldnt load and when it did it just refused to function properly. I went back to my phone loaded the app link and then proceeded to update firmware with no issue until I got to register the PM. I put the number in but it wouldnt take it so I uninstalled that app and went to the store and loaded the current app version and went back to register and it accepted the number. Next step was to make sure it was the latest version for NGeco which it was and then like magic all my devices were able to pick the BT signal and the PM sleep awake function started to work properly. This makes me think that the PM had not seen any updates at all but I was assured that normally they are all up to date.
I was getting pretty frustrated up to this point and ready to send it back but Michael at P2M was pretty patient with me and just kept forging ahead to get this thing to load firmware. So yeah the ppl at P2M are pretty good and from everything I read here and the YT vids has always had good things to say about this PM. I was pretty happy late last night when it all started to come together. I rode it today on the rollers to comfirm that it was functioning as it should and it was. All I have to do now is get my Garmin 530 working glitch free as I do my second Device Reset in a year.

Yoln

by Yoln

What would be the weight of your P2Max cranksets including chainrings? Is there a weight difference between NG and NGECO?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Yoln

by Yoln

Power2Max lists the weight as 636g, which would be 20g heavier than the powerless version, but doesn't specify if that includes chainrings or not...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

My 175 crank comes in at 0.638kg with no rings. I weighed the rings separately which came in at 0.157 for a 52/36 campy 12sp rings with the fasteners included. Dont know if the NG is lighter but the Eco was all that was available when I purchased my crank.

Yoln

by Yoln

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:11 am
My 175 crank comes in at 0.638kg with no rings. I weighed the rings separately which came in at 0.157 for a 52/36 campy 12sp rings with the fasteners included. Dont know if the NG is lighter but the Eco was all that was available when I purchased my crank.
Wow! That's quite heavy actually!!! My 52/36 Super record comes at 622g WITH chairings. So the Power-meter itself addds about 140g, that's non négligeable.

I am considering the following options:
-current setup (favero assioma duo + Super record crank)
- desired setup (P2M NGECO + time XPro12).

But the 126g I'll get from lighter pedals will be lost in the added Power-meter weight (+140g). So the only benefit is to be able to use Time clipping... that's an expensive change for not much gains...

torger

by torger

Love power2max for it's simplicity, reliability and accuracy (compared to single-sided crank). I've used one on my gravel bike for a number of years (not campy). But it's not a weight weenie product, and I don't think it looks that good, I would have preferred a more discreet look. If there was a single-sided crank option for campagnolo I'd probably go for that, as these are very light and discreet. However Stages seems to have stopped making it. I contacted them about it a while ago and if I remember correctly thes said something along the line they can't guarantee reliability with campy cranks so they have stopped offering it. However it's still some available on their website, so I'm not sure what's going on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkMcM

by MarkMcM

torger wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:38 am
If there was a single-sided crank option for campagnolo I'd probably go for that, as these are very light and discreet.
Check out 4iiii (https://4iiii.com/products/power-meters/), who make single (left) and dual (right+left) crankarm power meters. In addition to supplying pre-assembled crank power meters, they will also install their power meter sensor to crankarms supplied by the customer. This includes Campagnolo cranks.