Campagnolo Power Meters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glepore

by glepore

I have quarqs (used elsas) on 2 SR11 bikes. Stripped the crankarms, bought sr 11 crank decals from speedy decals, applied and recleared. Shift perfectly and looks matchy.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

I run campagnolo record and chose Assioma pedals rather than a crank PM. Works great and price is ok

AndreLM

by AndreLM

4iiii can now install their Podiiiium pods on SR12 cranks (it is even dual-sided).
BTW... I have no experience with 4iiii PMs... just thought it would be worth mentioning here

fogman

by fogman

MiddMan wrote:Also bumping this thread. Does anyone know where we can still buy an 11 speed compatibile powermeter.

I'm deciding between SRM and Power2Max NG. Once you add on the chainrings etc, they are close to the same price. The NGEco is slightly cheaper, but not by a lot when you get the Campagnolo version. I do like that P2M has Bluetooth option, whereas SRM is ANT+ only.

Anyway, the P2M website seems to only have 12 speed versions now. I'm really keen get an 11 speed powermeter crank before they're no longer available.
I would be happy to swap out my P2M cranks with 11 speed graphics for P2M cranks with the newer graphics if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

AndreLM wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:19 am
4iiii can now install their Podiiiium pods on SR12 cranks (it is even dual-sided).
BTW... I have no experience with 4iiii PMs... just thought it would be worth mentioning here
Where did you see that information? I've just had a look at the 4iiii website and I could only choose potenza.

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

Cycomanic wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 am
AndreLM wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:19 am
Where did you see that information? I've just had a look at the 4iiii website and I could only choose potenza.
Nevermind I was looking at the precision not podium powermeter, saw it now.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

My SRM Exakts have been awesome.. I have a crank based Campy SRM on my SL5 Tarmac and Exakts on my other 2 bikes.. no issues at all with Exakts... I know rainmaker had a good jab at them when they first came out, but I have had no issues with either set.. yeah,a little tedious for the initial setup, but it isn't rocket science.. I don't swap pedals off bikes so not a big deal for me... Got to keep my Sexy Super Record 12s crankset and run reliable power at the same time.

Unniti

by Unniti

I can't understand why anyone would buy the Exakts when Assiomas exist. I could understand someone getting Powertap or Garmin pedals if they absolutely hate the pods but I just don't see a single reason for the Exakts to even exist as a product since there isn't anything they do better than significantly cheaper products while having a worse installation process. That opinion also largely extends to everything SRM offers nowadays. They may have been the gold standard a decade ago but boy have they rested on their laurels while others have actively improved their products.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i like p2max the best, as you can replace the battery and not have to send it in like SRM.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Don't forget in regards to the SRM - all models are available in rechargable now. Still not a price pointed item but that's been covered here already :)
Just ride ..

PinaRene

by PinaRene

mike wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 pm
i like p2max the best, as you can replace the battery and not have to send it in like SRM.
Changed the batteries myself, calibrated it afterwards and it is perfect do- able. Costs € 8,- :twisted:

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Since we don't have a campagnolo branded power meter (yet ...) - simply because im curious about these silly things. Could we get a weight in here from anyone on the 4 bolt Campagnolo SRM and the Power2Max NG Campagnolo setups?

I always thought it would have been nice for power meter makers to state weights (given the price ...) and what exactly was included in those weights as there always seems to be a little gray area - especially as Ryan mentioned in another thread, that the Campy cranks often have the bearings included. :)
Just ride ..

barbaar

by barbaar

Asked myself the same question yesterday for my P2M NG.

628g according to this website: https://veloseven.com/power-meters/996- ... ax-ng.html
Fuctor Ostro - Campy EPS SR Disc 12sp/P2M NG
Ridley R12 - Campy EPS Record 11sp/P2M NGEco
Thrust something - Campy Chorus/Record mechanical/P2M NGEco

No, that's not a typo

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Some assumptions to be made like - does that include the bearings and does that include both crank arms. I assume yes? But still ... lol
Just ride ..

Sanjuro

by Sanjuro

Stages

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com