Campagnolo Power Meters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

Well. I'm almost sold on a P2M NGEco Movistar edition, but I continue reading about compatibility issues with several PMs.

I simply assume the P2M Campag version to be compatible with all BB shells that accept Ultra Torque spindles, which is the ones being sold with P2M Campag cranks.

So to sum it up, it will fit my BB86 bike with no hassles, right?

c60rider

by c60rider

naavt wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:41 am
Well. I'm almost sold on a P2M NGEco Movistar edition, but I continue reading about compatibility issues with several PMs.

I simply assume the P2M Campag version to be compatible with all BB shells that accept Ultra Torque spindles, which is the ones being sold with P2M Campag cranks.

So to sum it up, it will fit my BB86 bike with no hassles, right?
As long as you order them at the time all P2M power meters come with Campag manufactured ultra torque cranks. So for a BB86 frame you need these standard Campagnolo BB86 cups

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-ult ... cket-cups/

Obviously any Campag ultra torque crankset will then fit :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

So ordering my Super Record 12s EPS stuff... I gotta admit I LOVE that Super Record 12s crank, so PM wise Im now locked to 2 options for myself... its either gotta be a Stages Super Record LH only.. or SRM Exakts.. I am not interested in Garmins or Assiomas.. Ive had good luck with SRM products, their service has been great with me, and all the user complaints of them seem to come from people not knowing how to set them up properly.. There is only a small price difference... LH SR 12s arm comes out to $1250 Canadian.. Look Keo Carbon Ti pedals are gonna run me $300... Can get Exakts from the place Im getting my SR EPS from for $1700... so $150 more for Exakts... I need doubles of everything for my SL6 and Venge... Anyone run a Campy V3 Stages? Right now Im leaning towards the SRM... already own a PC8, and SRM has the new mount for the new Venge stem completed...

Thanos

by Thanos

ParisCarbon wrote:So ordering my Super Record 12s EPS stuff... I gotta admit I LOVE that Super Record 12s crank, so PM wise Im now locked to 2 options for myself... its either gotta be a Stages Super Record LH only.. or SRM Exakts.. I am not interested in Garmins or Assiomas.. Ive had good luck with SRM products, their service has been great with me, and all the user complaints of them seem to come from people not knowing how to set them up properly.. There is only a small price difference... LH SR 12s arm comes out to $1250 Canadian.. Look Keo Carbon Ti pedals are gonna run me $300... Can get Exakts from the place Im getting my SR EPS from for $1700... so $150 more for Exakts... I need doubles of everything for my SL6 and Venge... Anyone run a Campy V3 Stages? Right now Im leaning towards the SRM... already own a PC8, and SRM has the new mount for the new Venge stem completed...
I'm having a G3 Super Record fitted soon and will report back....if it fits. It's going to be tight on my 2018 Emonda SLR.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Thanos wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:54 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:So ordering my Super Record 12s EPS stuff... I gotta admit I LOVE that Super Record 12s crank, so PM wise Im now locked to 2 options for myself... its either gotta be a Stages Super Record LH only.. or SRM Exakts.. I am not interested in Garmins or Assiomas.. Ive had good luck with SRM products, their service has been great with me, and all the user complaints of them seem to come from people not knowing how to set them up properly.. There is only a small price difference... LH SR 12s arm comes out to $1250 Canadian.. Look Keo Carbon Ti pedals are gonna run me $300... Can get Exakts from the place Im getting my SR EPS from for $1700... so $150 more for Exakts... I need doubles of everything for my SL6 and Venge... Anyone run a Campy V3 Stages? Right now Im leaning towards the SRM... already own a PC8, and SRM has the new mount for the new Venge stem completed...
I'm having a G3 Super Record fitted soon and will report back....if it fits. It's going to be tight on my 2018 Emonda SLR.

Im kinda bouncing back to the Exakts again.. I have to decide soon , I know Stages just got the 175mm Super Record 12s arms in stock..
It seems the reviews I read on the stages bounces 50/50 some say flawless, others say a couple months then it died... apparently G3 is more reliable though.. Ive just always been on a P2Max or SRM crankbased PM...
I dont know why this is, but in the US, Exakt pedals are $1700 USD, in Europe from the exakt website, they are only $1165 Euro or approx $1300 US.. for me being in Canada, that works out to a $500 difference in costs (saving) to order from Europe.. in the end shipping and taxes are equal... just don't understand a $400 US difference within the same company? I need 2 sets as well.. so we're talking $1000! :shock:

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Perhaps you could reconsider the fixation on SRM. Expensive, tricky to install... DCs review also mentioned accuracy issues and battery drain. I have the Vectors and besides some intermitent issues with the original door, they have been rock solid after getting the new one. I'm not saying someone else might not have issues still, but I find the easy install (and low price) priceless. Initially I was close to getting Stages but was too afraid of their previous blunders - as much as I loved the duraace pedals I went for Vectors. Can't say I regret it .

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Alexandrumarian wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:05 pm
Perhaps you could reconsider the fixation on SRM. Expensive, tricky to install... DCs review also mentioned accuracy issues and battery drain. I have the Vectors and besides some intermitent issues with the original door, they have been rock solid after getting the new one. I'm not saying someone else might not have issues still, but I find the easy install (and low price) priceless. Initially I was close to getting Stages but was too afraid of their previous blunders - as much as I loved the duraace pedals I went for Vectors. Can't say I regret it .
Yeah... just re reading all the comments on the Exakts...
Ive got friends with Garmins and htey dont seem to like them..
Guess I may be taking my chances on stages....
Any words on Garmin V4?

robertbb

by robertbb

You won't regret Assioma Duo's. Best pedal based PM on the market by a huge margin.

Thanos

by Thanos

Thanos wrote:

It didn't fit btw, so back to the drawing board!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Thanos wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 am
Thanos wrote:

It didn't fit btw, so back to the drawing board!

Going with the Exakts... spoke with a few ppl on here who are very satisfied with them... sure there's a few more install things to do, but Im looking at it as, they aren't coming off once they are on, and the installaton isn't rocket science like some people who review products like to make it out to be... pretty sure if I can install an EPS system I can put pressure on a pedal and watch my phone while I tighten a nut... :roll:

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Hey all - apologies for digging into the threads a bit but Campagnolo newcomer here. Does anyone know if the SRM Origin is compatibile with Campagnolo 12 speed shifting?
Just ride ..

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Bumping this in case anyone knows the answer to 110bcd rings that could work with Campy 12 :up:
Just ride ..

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Also bumping this thread. Does anyone know where we can still buy an 11 speed compatibile powermeter.

I'm deciding between SRM and Power2Max NG. Once you add on the chainrings etc, they are close to the same price. The NGEco is slightly cheaper, but not by a lot when you get the Campagnolo version. I do like that P2M has Bluetooth option, whereas SRM is ANT+ only.

Anyway, the P2M website seems to only have 12 speed versions now. I'm really keen get an 11 speed powermeter crank before they're no longer available.

c60rider

by c60rider

I have the P2M NG and it's been bullet proof. As far as I'm aware the only difference between 11 and 12 power meters is the decal. Spacing remains the same between the chainrings and doesn't affect the shifting performance. Just buy appropriate 11 or 12 speed rings. The only thing is if you are happy to live with non matching decals if 11 speed cranks aren't available now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

c60rider wrote:I have the P2M NG and it's been bullet proof. As far as I'm aware the only difference between 11 and 12 power meters is the decal. Spacing remains the same between the chainrings and doesn't affect the shifting performance. Just buy appropriate 11 or 12 speed rings. The only thing is if you are happy to live with non matching decals if 11 speed cranks aren't available now.
I built 2 bikes with SR 11 sp and was looking for a pm option for both. SRM for campy I couldn’t justify the cost as I could get 2 new P2M for the price of one. Looked at the other crank based ones, but none could use Campy rings and shifting performance drops considerably. That would defeat the purpose of using Campagnolo.

Looked into the pedal based ones, but I like my Time pedals, which I already had in all my bikes and it would have required me to change all the pedals to use the same shoes/cleats. Again, I like my Time pedals. That alone ruled them out.

Hub based was not an option, even though I do own a powertap G3 wheel set. I have many wheels sets I love and don’t want to be limited to one specific set.

The P2M has been flawless and very accurate compared to the KICKR readings. Even if it had been off by 50 watts, in the end what truly matters is trends if using the same device to measure and keep track of things. Absolute numbers are meaningless beyond that!