Power Meter on my new bike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cbrshadow

by cbrshadow

I'd like to add dual-sided power to my Specialized Venge Vias. I just put a new crankset on (SRAM Red 22, 52-36, 172.5mm) and I realize I should have thought of this before purchasing these cranks. What's the best option for crank/spider power meter for my setup? I'm not interested in pedal power meters and it must be dual-sided.

Thanks for any insight!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

there are a number of BB30/OSBB crank based PM's out there. If you want true compatibility, consider getting the Specialized/S-Works crank with a Quarq or Power2Max. Both are high quality, reliable units that will last a long time.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

jfranci3

by jfranci3

P2M doesn't support SRAM Red, so a Quarq spider. https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sram-quarq ... lsrc=aw.ds

EDIT: The SRAM Red22 has the spider molded into the arm, so you need to sell the crankset or make a compromise. Here's a used compatible crank - https://www.ebay.com/itm/SRAM-RED22-cra ... :rk:8:pf:0

avispa

by avispa

otoman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:18 pm
there are a number of BB30/OSBB crank based PM's out there. If you want true compatibility, consider getting the Specialized/S-Works crank with a Quarq or Power2Max. Both are high quality, reliable units that will last a long time.
Also, my understanding is that Quarq and P2M are not truly dual sided solutions. You may want to look at the web site of powermetercity and see what your choices are, then shop around for the best prices. I also think you should look into a compatible crankset that is not necesarily SRAM, as the choices are more limited than say a Shimano comaptible BCD power meter.

AZR3

by AZR3

Assioma DUO for pedals or specialized power meter crank/Rotor 2in power

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

+1 for Favero Assioma pedals
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

robertbb

by robertbb

+2 for Assioma Duo's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Rear wheel hub power meter?

Or go single sided and keep the light crank and durability of crank based.

Spending big bucks on a bb30 pwm crank today is a bit wasted because it's an obsolete standard. (I like it, but less and less frames are compatible. :( )