*Tour Aero Bike Tests*

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cjm

by cjm

Do any of the aero handlebars have the option of clip-on extensions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IchDien

by IchDien

Cervelo.

ichobi

by ichobi

Specialized aerofly 2 will fit specialized venge aero bar. Not sure it can fit other makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

RocketRacing wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Disagree. Depends on your level of competition of course, or the track. Our local track is pretty twisty (no real straights) so it is harder to buy speed, and grip is king. Lots of locals do really well in lightweight, low powered cars, often home built. And for the cost of a p5x, a properly set up tube frame car with a big v8 will be as fast as anything out there on just about any track.
This is severely off topic, but I bet that a Palatov D1 or a Radical Turbo will run rings around any tube framed V8 on any track. I stand by my opinion that it's much easier to buy speed in motor racing than in cycling.

Basically, my point is that there's no bike that I could build that would make me as fast as only my faster club colleagues. Whereas when I was racing cars, I always knew which upgrades would have shaved 3 or 5s off my lap times in my Seven or S2000 :D

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Marin wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:08 pm
RocketRacing wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Disagree. Depends on your level of competition of course, or the track. Our local track is pretty twisty (no real straights) so it is harder to buy speed, and grip is king. Lots of locals do really well in lightweight, low powered cars, often home built. And for the cost of a p5x, a properly set up tube frame car with a big v8 will be as fast as anything out there on just about any track.
This is severely off topic, but I bet that a Palatov D1 or a Radical Turbo will run rings around any tube framed V8 on any track. I stand by my opinion that it's much easier to buy speed in motor racing than in cycling.

Basically, my point is that there's no bike that I could build that would make me as fast as only my faster club colleagues. Whereas when I was racing cars, I always knew which upgrades would have shaved 3 or 5s off my lap times in my Seven or S2000 :D
A properly set up radical is a weapon. I was on track at silverstone with many... and lots of other fast toys. No question it would crush a tube frame v8. We had one with a turbo s2000 engine at our track, and when it was working... it was just toying with us (i was in a 100k+ E36 bmw m3). it was actually too stiff for our track. But the v8 will get you racing quick at a cheap price. But yeah, vs proper downforce cars racecars... wrong league or car.

Also, a caterham superlight r with a duratec swap is on my bucketlist. I figure i should be able to get one from thr uk for felt track bike money. Haha

A crappy driver with a fast car will still get beat by an ok car with a great driver... as long as it is not a power track. But i agree with your point.

Bikes are like 90% rider, 10% bike. Racing cars is more 50/50.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

RocketRacing wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm
Lets not get off topic, but this is pure LOL. It's pretty much 90/10 for cars too.

I've done a low 8 BTG at the 'Ring in a 160bhp sh!t box CRX, beating Ferrar's, Lambos etc.

Anyway, the new Ridley Noah seems to be doing alright at the TDU...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

AJS914

by AJS914

ryanw wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
I've done a low 8 BTG at the 'Ring in a 160bhp sh!t box CRX, beating Ferrar's, Lambos etc.
That is because the Ferrari and Lambo owners are not going all out. They have too much to lose.

nachetetm

by nachetetm

ryanw wrote:
RocketRacing wrote:
Lets not get off topic, but this is pure LOL. It's pretty much 90/10 for cars too.

Without a video, I can't believe your claim, sorry. Even with a video I will have a hard time. 160hp in a fast track like the ring doing low eights?? I would not believe it even if your surname is Hamilton.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Removed due to realising I'm 34 and have nothing to prove.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

robeambro

by robeambro

Guys c'mon..

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

ryanw wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
RocketRacing wrote:

Put hamelton in a crx, and stroll in a f1 car... time the laps, and then tell me if it is 90% driver. But then that is a bad example, because all the f1 drivers are in the 99.99% of drivers. For them, small differences in a car or driver win or lose races.

Take two equal drivers, put one in a faster car... the faster car wins. How much do they win by? How much faster is the car? You can always buy more grip, more downforce, more powerful engines. Lets call that relationship 50:50. A better driver will make you faster to a point (limited bt the car), and a faster car will make you faster to a point (limited by the driver).

Ebikes... well, that is a different story, and an usue for the future.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

ryanw wrote:Removed due to realising I'm 34 and have nothing to prove.
You’re 34, you have everything to prove. Image
Millennials are what happens when you tell every kid they’re special.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Hahahaha. I love this thread.

Says the guy with the user name calnago. Proper boomer dentist bike.

All in jest. I have nothing to prove... just want to enjoy life before i am fat and bald. Hahaha

Grobar

by Grobar

RocketRacing wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Calnago wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Hahahaha. I love this thread.

Says the guy with the user name calnago. Proper boomer dentist bike.

All in jest. I have nothing to prove... just want to enjoy life before i am fat and bald. Hahaha
[removed] but please stop... for the sake of this forum. We are all here because we love bikes

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Grobar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm

[removed] but please stop... for the sake of this forum. We are all here because we love bikes
Quoted for truth! Hahaha

But i made all the grace i have, and try to not take it too seriously. ;-)
Last edited by RocketRacing on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com