Any magenta color skewers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I’m looking for magenta colored skewers to match my El Rosado EE brake calipers. Right now I’m using Zipp titanium black skewers and was even thinking of anodizing the levers. Never done any anodizing before. What do you think?
Attachments
0E113EA9-44C6-4E65-8E95-E0AE7CC52C28.jpeg
4AA6115C-AF4F-467E-948B-831C09072FE9.jpeg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

kdawg

by kdawg

Black matches the group set...
I'm left handed, if that matters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

I agree black is would be best but Tune has magenta and if you’re in Europe, Wert Cycling may as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 pm
I’m looking for magenta colored skewers to match my El Rosado EE brake calipers. Right now I’m using Zipp titanium black skewers and was even thinking of anodizing the levers. Never done any anodizing before. What do you think?
I have those too and they'll be installed on a BoB frame. You could also change it up with a different color that still compliments:

https://www.quora.com/What-colors-complement-magenta

Don't forget cable housing and the cable tips.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Tune doesnt have Magenta per se. I bought their skewers in pink which turned up so light, and re purchase the purple which was closer in hue to the magenta, but much darker and less vivid in color

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Hi, I checked on eBay (magenta skewer) and there was a magenta skewer on sale from the UK.

I highly recommend WOOdman skewers as an excellent combination of light weight and strength. They have a pink Gator skewer that might pass for magenta if you squint.

Hope also has purple skewers that come close.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

mythical

by mythical

I've not see the El Rosado EE brakes in person, but that magento looks quite vivid. Wert Stick Shift QR's in violet are probably too dark to match (see attached photo). Other Cane Creek and Wert colors do match well (same anodizer).

I wouldn't recommend re-anodizing the levers, since it's extremely expensive and the result is also less than initial anodization. I have some leftover stock from closing down the company, although voilet is down to the last pair, since it's proven the most popular color after black.
Attachments
IMAG0595s.jpg
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

The color of anodizing is also affected by the particular alloy used.
I looked at anodizing skewers to match the hubs below, but the mismatch would have been too noticeable.
Attachments
Anodized hubs
Anodized hubs
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...