Easiest to clean white bar tape?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Baby wipes are perfect for cleaning. They will easily clean the white tape. They are also great for cleaning greasy hands.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

spartan wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:55 pm
FIZIK CLASSIC SUPERLIGHT . stay white easily. the tape has no damping so use some gel cushioning underneath common areas
My favorite bartape, even stays white on my winterbike :) 2mm for the lightest thinnest option of course.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

+1 on Fizik

been using Fiziks's white tapes for 10+ years now, the big secret here is I wash it every time it gets dirty. I just use regular cleaning liquid and a sponge or a piece of thick rag. I can't recall using more than 2 tapes per year.. and this year I'm still rolling on a tape I put on ~15 monts ago...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

brownish

by brownish

Bike Ribbon Professional - stays clean and lasts forever

sfo423

by sfo423

I have the white Fizik Superlight Tacky and it feels great but is impossible to clean and gets dirty easier than most white tapes. I’ll try the Pro Smart Silicone next.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I’ve been riding white handlebar tapes since 1996. Currently using PRO sport control team.

Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

another vote for shiney Fizik Superlight. managed to use it for a year without cleaning then stupid mechanic changed it without letting me know in advanced....
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: