Low stack height carbon top cover for headset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

A few years ago Veloflyte was making very low profile carbon top cover for over the top headset bearing. They had a stack height of only 3mm and were avialable in various diameters. I'm looking for a low profile top cap like that - in my case I need 48mm diameter +/- .5mm. (BTW my current is 8mm tall so looking to drop by 5mm)

I know there is the aluminium SlamThatStem top cover but those are 47mm and not as bling - so I wanted to ask around for the best possible option that I'm not aware of. And heck, maybe someone has a new/used Veloflyte (in my diameter) laying around in their spare parts bin and could part with it.......

BTW - the attached picture is from a defunct website LowandLong that has also closed down.

Suggestions?
Attachments
11906276_424292447762633_1365012010_n.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

halcyongolf wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:14 pm
Not carbon....but may work...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252784340097

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252784340097
Second this, I got a similar cap printed locally by a mate for a couple of bucks, very light, but that was towards the riding season end, so no feedback about durability.

tommasini

by tommasini

I'd found that earlier myself.......Not for me as it's smaller in diameter than what I need/want and I'm turned off by the plastic material. But that said maybe someone else might benefit from this sharing of this particular product - so thanks for the posts.

Would still be very happy to land a Veloflyte (NOS/USED) if anyone has one lying around.....

FYI - Also I was previously aware of SlamThatStem at 47mm x 3 mm in aluminum. but then this weekend I did find this source in the UK. Its aluminum (not carbon) but it's avaiable in 45/46/47/48 mm diameter and heights of 2, 3 and 4 mm. Also custom outside those parameters too. https://grafixbyjorj.co.uk/

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

stonemonkey

by stonemonkey

There is a user on the time trial forum who makes and sells low stack covers albeit not in carbon. Similar to the 'slam that stem' ones but at a lower price. His usernames is mdcc_tester.

boots2000

by boots2000

I have a couple Veloflytes- Still in package if anyone needs one-
I believe they are 45mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com