2019 Felt AR Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robeambro

by robeambro

RocketRacing wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 pm
E6334AD8-72B6-407A-8FA8-B626E9A38558.jpeg

Well, it should be announced soon. 😁

A1DEEEBF-C7CD-45A6-8DE3-70508C3290BD.jpeg

Here is the old one for comparison. Seems to be an evolution s revoltion. Disc brakes. Frame hugs the wheels more, redesigned head tube. Massive stem (looks like a deep airfoil). Slightly dropped seatstays. But given it was within a few watts of the best before, and hidden cables saves 3w... i suspect it will stay near the top at least.
That cockpit looks awful, seems like a Venge Vias cockpit on steroids.
Honestly, internal cable routing is nice and all but I think not all manufacturers have learned how to do it well.

spud

by spud

the mockup could've at least bothered with a usable front wheel, rather than one radially spoked...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

robeambro wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm
RocketRacing wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 pm
E6334AD8-72B6-407A-8FA8-B626E9A38558.jpeg

Well, it should be announced soon. 😁

A1DEEEBF-C7CD-45A6-8DE3-70508C3290BD.jpeg

Here is the old one for comparison. Seems to be an evolution s revoltion. Disc brakes. Frame hugs the wheels more, redesigned head tube. Massive stem (looks like a deep airfoil). Slightly dropped seatstays. But given it was within a few watts of the best before, and hidden cables saves 3w... i suspect it will stay near the top at least.
That cockpit looks awful, seems like a Venge Vias cockpit on steroids.
Honestly, internal cable routing is nice and all but I think not all manufacturers have learned how to do it well.
I reserve full judgement until i see more, but i agree. It looks like a shower head attached to a top tube, or an old school phone reciever cut in half. ☎️ Far too beefy looking.

The venge imho gets the award for nicest looking aero bike. Addict wins for the semi aero bike segment.

joejack951

by joejack951

spud wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:43 pm
the mockup could've at least bothered with a usable front wheel, rather than one radially spoked...
I could forgive the marketing/graphics people for missing that detail on the front wheel. But they appear to have copy and pasted it for the rear as well.

cajer

by cajer

Wow that looks a bit awkward. Also no rim brake variant it looks like

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Holy cow, for that catalog it looks like they employed a guy who took basic Photoshop lessons just a couple of days ago :shock:

Probably it would be better looking IRL, however, that stem does look too suspicious to be nice.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

1DBFE024-912D-4B9E-8F3A-98A7D38E1127.jpeg
I am just posting this again. This is a slightly better version that the lbs now has access to. You can see how heavily photoshopped it is. Who knows if the silouette is accurate. Hopefully not, as both the stem and rear seatstays look visuslly off. One would hope that if the design is accurate, it was done out of function over form.

If it is an accurate silouette, felt seems to be continuing with the trend of frames that sail. So i will bet it is not tops at zero yaw, but gets there around 10+ degree yaw.

Update: Dates for the bikes are nov/december. Pricing inline with current AR offerings give or take. Frames shipping dates TBD but pricing is inline with current AR frames. Should be announced by the end of August.

binsey30

by binsey30

There is a felt AR disc being launched in October. I've seen it👌 I've a photo but it's under embargo until then sorry.

Jereb

by Jereb

RocketRacing wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:42 pm
1DBFE024-912D-4B9E-8F3A-98A7D38E1127.jpeg

I am just posting this again. This is a slightly better version that the lbs now has access to. You can see how heavily photoshopped it is. Who knows if the silouette is accurate. Hopefully not, as both the stem and rear seatstays look visuslly off. One would hope that if the design is accurate, it was done out of function over form.

If it is an accurate silouette, felt seems to be continuing with the trend of frames that sail. So i will bet it is not tops at zero yaw, but gets there around 10+ degree yaw.

Update: Dates for the bikes are nov/december. Pricing inline with current AR offerings give or take. Frames shipping dates TBD but pricing is inline with current AR frames. Should be announced by the end of August.
Attachments
Rocket I think I’ll keep my slow rim brake
Rocket I think I’ll keep my slow rim brake

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Jereb wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 am
That bike looks great. What year/level was that frame?

I would highly doubt the new ar will do much more than meet the aero performance of the current AR... if trends of current aero bikes gone disc are any indication.

Is the wire entry at the top of the frame standard?

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

binsey30 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 pm
There is a felt AR disc being launched in October. I've seen it👌 I've a photo but it's under embargo until then sorry.
Cool. Sounds about right from what my lbs told me on shipping dates (nov-dec).

I opted to order a 2020 felt ia disc in the meantime which i should get next month. I figure an ar disc will be a spring thing for me.

binsey30

by binsey30

3 models in UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jereb

by Jereb

RocketRacing wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Jereb wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 am
That bike looks great. What year/level was that frame?

I would highly doubt the new ar will do much more than meet the aero performance of the current AR... if trends of current aero bikes gone disc are any indication.

Is the wire entry at the top of the frame standard?
Hi
Rocket

It’s a 2017 AR 2
I got it to replace a first year Cervelo S5.
It takes 28 mm wide tires the old man cannot take the tar and chip anymore.
Everything is stock not modified just pulled the stuff off the S5 and put it on the AR.
It’s got me PRs on everything but super a hilly course than I get my 13 lbs bike out.
Jere B

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Jereb wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:13 am

Hi
Rocket

It’s a 2017 AR 2
I got it to replace a first year Cervelo S5.
It takes 28 mm wide tires the old man cannot take the tar and chip anymore.
Everything is stock not modified just pulled the stuff off the S5 and put it on the AR.
It’s got me PRs on everything but super a hilly course than I get my 13 lbs bike out.
Jere B
Quick bike for sure. The deep wheels will help also!

I will likely get a 2020 ar, but for the time being will play with an IA disc for the flatter stuff around where i live. Vs my light climbing f1, it should be near a good 10lbs heavier, and if felt data is to be believed, be a solid 30w more efficient at 30km/hr independant of rider position gains.

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Any updates?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com