2019 Felt AR Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aerobikes

by Aerobikes

Anyone know anything, heard anything, assume anything about when we'll finally see the disc, and hopefully more aero, integreated and stiffer Felt AR Disc bike. I'm selling my old AR to make room but I don't want to wait fo ever. I might just buy a 3T strada in the mean time.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

There won't be an AR Disc for 2019 season; it might be we finally expect one for 2020. The rumours are that current triathlon - IA Disc series - which were presented this fall, are actually a temporary fix to get on the disc brake market wagon until a full makeover of IA Disc is completed - whether that includes also trickle down aero technology to the road AR series, we don't know.

P.S. Nothing wrong with the current AR, crazy fast bike, tied with the 2nd gen Cervelo S5 on almost everything - stiffness, "comfort" (of which there isn't really much), but it can run 28mm actual width tires.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 am
There won't be an AR Disc for 2019 season; it might be we finally expect one for 2020. The rumours are that current triathlon - IA Disc series - which were presented this fall, are actually a temporary fix to get on the disc brake market wagon until a full makeover of IA Disc is completed - whether that includes also trickle down aero technology to the road AR series, we don't know.

P.S. Nothing wrong with the current AR, crazy fast bike, tied with the 2nd gen Cervelo S5 on almost everything - stiffness, "comfort" (of which there isn't really much), but it can run 28mm actual width tires.
Can it run 28mm rims well.? My concern would be rub in the back when sprinting.

I suspect we will see a new one around the tdf 2019 with arrival after... as a 2020 model. I also heard about the felt ia revamp but do not know the cred of that... but it also makes sense as both are getting ready for update.

Part of me would be happy to get a high end felt ar used once the new ones come out. The disc brakes for aero bikes do not much impress me aside from comfortable fitting of wide aero tires/wheels. A tt bikes running a 28 wide tire... he k, i’ll take 25mm tire on 28mm rims... would go far to add comfort for day to day riding.

Jere

by Jere

Hi

I did just that sold my S5 2012 for a AR1 2017
28 mm rims work but not 28 mm GP 4000 because they become 32mm
However 25 GP 4000 fit fine.
I set PRs in all my Eddy TTs the bike fit was the same 54cm to 54cm
The only thing with the Felt is that damn under the bottom bracket brake a PITA
Jere B

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Jere wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 am
Hi

I did just that sold my S5 2012 for a AR1 2017
28 mm rims work but not 28 mm GP 4000 because they become 32mm
However 25 GP 4000 fit fine.
I set PRs in all my Eddy TTs the bike fit was the same 54cm to 54cm
The only thing with the Felt is that damn under the bottom bracket brake a PITA
Jere B
Thanks for the reply... yeah i have not heard good things about that rear brake. Hahaha

Good to know that 28mm rims fit. What brakes are on your felt ar? And brake rub under sprinting? What is the overall brake feel like?

Jere

by Jere

Hi

I’m running a Tri Rig brakeset that I had on my Cervelo S5
No problems with rub or adjustments after first set up.
The bottom brake needs cleaning after a rain ride and a little lube on the weg thingy.
https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=omega
I had a DA 1 and used there stock brakes they were horrible if you change pads for different wheels.
If you use Shimano brakes or TRP you may not have room for left hand powermeters beware.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

There is a 2020 Felt AR coming but not sure if it's Disc. In September, this bike received UCI approval based on the UCI list.
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 am
There is a 2020 Felt AR coming but not sure if it's Disc. In September, this bike received UCI approval based on the UCI list.
Interesting. I figured a 2020 updated model would come out this year... but this is an interesting way to sniff it out!

cajer

by cajer

Any news on the new felt other than the UCI Frame’s list? I’m hoping there’s a rim brake version as I’m debating between the Madone SLR rim and the Cervelo S5 Disc (shudders at the thought of disc) but that green frame set paint job is drool worthy.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

cajer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:03 pm
Any news on the new felt other than the UCI Frame’s list? I’m hoping there’s a rim brake version as I’m debating between the Madone SLR rim and the Cervelo S5 Disc (shudders at the thought of disc) but that green frame set paint job is drool worthy.
Just checked with my local felt dealer... and nothing being leaked to the shops. That being said, i was advised that new products often have short warnings for release. I suspect the tour will be the time to watch!

Anyone see anything with the rally uhc teams?

cajer

by cajer

Is Felt sponsoring a Pro tour team this year? I didn't think so?

Robius

by Robius

cajer wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm
No they are not. It looks like they are spending enough for triathletes.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

cajer

by cajer

I guess we won't see the new Felt AR until it comes out.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Robius wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 pm
cajer wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm
No they are not. It looks like they are spending enough for triathletes.
Team Rally UHC rides Felt this year. A mostly white FR with Sram ETap groupset. One of the locals here is on the team. Seems to like the bike quite a bit.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

CCF780D3-0B1B-46F0-B75E-824E3C585E6A.png
So sexy...

I would suggest AR fans keep a keen eye on rally uhc for a new ar, especially as we get closer to the tour.