Making a diy oversized cage (r8050)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

When i got my new custom build bike 2 months ago i was thinking about how i could make it lighter , faster and better. With Ceramicspeed toppint the oversized cages and people praising them i was interested in what difference it could make. So a couple of months ago i did some research about what pulleys would fit in the r8050 cage. Came out with 12-15. Yesterday my package came by with the ceramic kcnc pulleys. Immediatly put these wheels in to see how it looks. It doesnt look awkward but looks bit different then normal. But my most important thing was how smooth it would be. After spinning the drivetrain i wasnt very impressed BUT ; my chain is still normal length so need a longer one. And also the bearings are not at their smootest so guess these will be bit better after some kms. ImageImage

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
- ridley fenix sl 105 - not lightweight
- sworks tarmac sl 5 r8050 di2 - vision tc 24 wheels = 7,1kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sun

by sun

Let us know how this goes. I see some companies such as Kogel selling 12t and 14t, so very similar to your setup. How is the shifting?

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

sun wrote:Let us know how this goes. I see some companies such as Kogel selling 12t and 14t, so very similar to your setup. How is the shifting?
I will test all this and let it know. Shifting is surprisingly good. As good as the standard one only bit louder .

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Any update on this? Did the derailleur explode?

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

Still doing lot of kms but the pulleys dont spin as freely as i wanted. Why exploded?