My Sixty4 - Custom C64!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chunky666

by chunky666

How is it this seems to have been missed. Cant find it on WW :shock:

https://www.colnago.com/en/configurator ... ZFwkqVhUwo

:thumbup: :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jitensha

by Jitensha

The available colors and options are underwhelming. Colnago shouldnt have even bothered with this embrassing idea, I suspect there will be few takers and it will just slow down the lead times on regular production C64s.
Last edited by Jitensha on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJS914

by AJS914

I like it. I imagine that unfortunately you have to pay full price and then some for the priviledge.
Attachments
MySixty4.jpg
Last edited by AJS914 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcflurry

by mcflurry

Ernesto would disapprove of my selection :D

c60 etap bora

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

While waiting for the pic to load I was thinking how bad could it be, but yah, I burst out laughing and had to agree with you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Oh my, yes... things could go terribly terribly wrong :) . But I like the idea. Is this the same company that does the Pinarello "My Way" stuff I wonder. Now if they could just get the painters to mask those lugs with a little more care...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ak47

by ak47

The idea is great, but the execution - available colors, the design of the website and graphics execution is REALLY BAD.

chunky666

by chunky666

mcflurry wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 am
Ernesto would disapprove of my selection :D

Wow :shock: :lol: :lol: Thats impressive!!

I agree the colour selection is a bit poor when you consider what other brands like Bianchi can do with their colour options.

I was hoping for the ability to vary the Art decor colours. I'd love te C64 with the Concept Art decor blue scheme. The white ends over the black would just look much better IMO

robeambro

by robeambro

ak47 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am
The idea is great, but the execution - available colors, the design of the website and graphics execution is REALLY BAD.
True, but you have to think that while Trek would probably have a team of several employees looking after Project One, and even Bianchi would have a few looking after Tavolozza, Colnago would probably have a single dude doing it part-time on his lunch break. :mrgreen:

That said, I agree on the colours - to be honest I would have preferred to have fewer frame-parts to customise but with more colour options.

KotP

by KotP

chunky666 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 pm
How is it this seems to have been missed. Cant find it on WW
It's only been live less than 24 hours, I meant to post about it because it meant I was one step closer to getting a C64 in a colour of my choice, then I saw the options, was underwhelmed and forgot about it...

I can still get a C64 in one solid colour but only if it's gloss white, if I want clear coated carbon you still have to have the lugs painted :( But I'm off the market as far as buying a new bike goes, maybe I'll start a build thread.

As far as I know, bike companies that offer custom colour schemes to order like this are:

Trek Project One
Orbea
Wilier

I saw Pinerello mentioned here, what are the others I don't know about? edit: I also see Bianchi already mentioned but thought it was a joke because the colour options are generally Celeste.... or black with Celeste ;)

mag

by mag

Yes the selection of colors is limited and no art decor :-( But let's see what comes out of it, it's still better than nothing and gives some promise for the future....

As for Bianchi, it's possible with certain frames: https://www.bianchi.com/tavolozza/en
Also Ridley offer some customization: https://www.ridley-bikes.com/customize-your-bike/

corky

by corky

Agreed that it’s a step in the right direction, but...... I don’t want the stripey thing going on on the seattube and could we have an option for the previous colnago font.

.....and what does this do to lead times?

moonoi

by moonoi

corky wrote:
Not sure it's possible for them to get any worse...I had to wait 8-9 months for an art decor concept and then had to put in a claim to fix the crappy paint job around the headtube and seatpost, so a further 6 weeks for that to be fixed.

Maybe it would be better if they just sold "raw" ready to paint frames to paint as you like...something like Open does for their gravel bike, that would be a refreshing change and be truly custom paint

chunky666

by chunky666

moonoi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:57 pm
corky wrote:
Not sure it's possible for them to get any worse...I had to wait 8-9 months for an art decor concept and then had to put in a claim to fix the crappy paint job around the headtube and seatpost, so a further 6 weeks for that to be fixed.

Maybe it would be better if they just sold "raw" ready to paint frames to paint as you like...something like Open does for their gravel bike, that would be a refreshing change and be truly custom paint
Mine is still, as far as I know, in italy back at colnago for them to have a look at it and decide what to do with it due to the paint cracking round stress points on the Chainstay! :roll:

Maybe i'll get it in time to ride next summer!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

chunky666 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm
moonoi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:57 pm
corky wrote:

Mine is still, as far as I know, in italy back at colnago for them to have a look at it and decide what to do with it due to the paint cracking round stress points on the Chainstay! :roll:

Maybe i'll get it in time to ride next summer!
How long have you been waiting for such a small "fix"?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com