S works crank reviews

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

I’m having an s works sl5 and i’m around 7100gram but having a ultegra groupset and crank.

Now looking to buy a s works crank. So wanting some opinions on weight and stiffness.
Is it possible to shave some 100gram of weight with a sworks crank compared to a ultegra r8000 crank? And how does this one feel compared to a standard ultegra crank?

Thanks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
- ridley fenix sl 105 - not lightweight
- sworks tarmac sl 5 r8050 di2 - vision tc 24 wheels = 7,1kg

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Depends on the rings but you save at least 100grams at the crank, a few grams with a new BB and stiffness is not going to be a problem but again, depends more on the rings IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

VTR1000SP2 wrote:Depends on the rings but you save at least 100grams at the crank, a few grams with a new BB and stiffness is not going to be a problem but again, depends more on the rings IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem is that the maximum chainring im allowed to use is a 48... this is just hard to find a light 48 chainring.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
- ridley fenix sl 105 - not lightweight
- sworks tarmac sl 5 r8050 di2 - vision tc 24 wheels = 7,1kg

LawSchwein

by LawSchwein

I'd say S-Works cranks will save you about 120 grams over Ultegra. I had them on my prior S-works Tarmac and thought they were great. Have a look at the link below for a test of them versus a bunch of other cranks.

[url][/http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... esting/url]
Mainstay Bike - Pinarello Dogma F10 - Campagnolo Record EPS, Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50
Climbing Bike - Cervelo R5 - Campagnolo Super Record Mechanical, Enve 3.4

refthimos

by refthimos

The S-Works cranks reviewed by Fairwheel are a prior generation crank. The current S-Works cranks are different (e.g. the spindle is one-piece and not split and joined in the middle).

You didn't mention whether or not you want to run a powermeter, but I have the new S-Works Power Cranks in 175mm and I am confident they will weigh less than 450g (everything except chainrings and chainring bolts), which as far as I can tell is the lightest dual-sided PM out there. Mine weigh 613.8g all-in with Praxis 52/36 rings. They have a narrow spindle so will only work on bikes with a standard BB30 shell. I was hoping they would work on my 2019 Giant TCR but not even close. I have confirmed that they will work with the new Cannondale SystemSix (barely, by using a bare minimum of spacers) and that's where I plan to install them when by bike arrives, one of the few places where I think I can slim the SystemSix a bit.

EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

tarmacslider

by tarmacslider

172.5 length I do not notice any flex but I got girl legs lol. Old vs new Sworks arms. The non sworks arm seem to weigh the same just come with alloy spider.
Attachments
IMG_1537[1].JPG
IMG_1538[1].JPG

tarmacslider

by tarmacslider

Here is a Specialized S-Works 167.5 non vs 167.5 power crankarm non drive side with drive side bearing shield and non drive side preload adjuster. Looks like the power meter adds 14.5 grams non drive side. Now drive side 52/36 both 11.8 grams more for power meter.
IMG_2623[1].JPG
IMG_2622[1].JPG
IMG_2625[1].JPG
IMG_2624[1].JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reimns

by reimns

tarmacslider wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 am
172.5 length I do not notice any flex but I got girl legs lol. Old vs new Sworks arms. The non sworks arm seem to weigh the same just come with alloy spider.
Were can I find left arm? The sprindle it's like sram BB30, cand be use with right arm?