aero bike - What to choose.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chriswarwick1

by chriswarwick1

high
i am in the market for a new 2019 aero bike
i have narrowed down to
Giant propel advanced pro with power meter 4.5k
Trek madone slr 6 6k
Bianchi xr4 6.7k
all rim brake
all ultegra d12
all before discount
whats your thoughts
chris

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Hard to beat the performance and value of the Giant unless you like the look of the Trek more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

Oltre because of stunning design:) light and comfortable.

JeffK

by JeffK

The Giant is the best value for sure. Tough to justify $2k more for similar specs.
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

chriswarwick1

by chriswarwick1

The Giant is the cheapest with a power meter
The trek is the most aero with no cables showing
The bianchi is the lightest and best looking
What should be fastest 🤔

moyboy

by moyboy

I'd go for the Trek Madone 6 looks good and clean.

kgt

by kgt

Bianchi. An aero frame and a GT contender too.

izza

by izza

I’ve owned Giant and Madone.

Bangs for bucks the Goant is the most option that stands out. But for comfort and smile on your face at the cafe stop the Trek is the hands down winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriswarwick1

by chriswarwick1

looking like the trek in rage red

Seedster

by Seedster

Madone. Love the Oltre, had one, but the Madone looks so clean and is reportedly very comfortable.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Im currently building a 2019 Madone SLR, own an Oltre XR4, and have ridden the new Propel disk multiple times. In terms of comfort, the Madone is number one with the Oltre not too far behind while the Propel is dead last. Stiffness wise, its the other way around. The Propel is incredibly stiff and responsive while the Madone is heavy and feels like it until up to speed. To me the Oltre is easily the best overall among the three while being stiff, comfortable, light, and easily the best climber of the bunch. Its also to me, the prettiest. Having said that, I feel very comfortable with Giant and Trek's company support than Bianchi. This doesn't come from any negative experience from Bianchi, just exceptional support from Trek and Giant.
BTW i test rode the Pinarello F8/F10 and bought the Oltre. The F10 does everything as good as the Oltre but rides much harsher. Very similar bikes except for the ride quality.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Mep

by Mep

Noctiluxx wrote:Im currently building a 2019 Madone SLR, own an Oltre XR4, and have ridden the new Propel disk multiple times. In terms of comfort, the Madone is number one with the Oltre not too far behind while the Propel is dead last. Stiffness wise, its the other way around. The Propel is incredibly stiff and responsive while the Madone is heavy and feels like it until up to speed. To me the Oltre is easily the best overall among the three while being stiff, comfortable, light, and easily the best climber of the bunch. Its also to me, the prettiest. Having said that, I feel very comfortable with Giant and Trek's company support than Bianchi. This doesn't come from any negative experience from Bianchi, just exceptional support from Trek and Giant.
BTW i test rode the Pinarello F8/F10 and bought the Oltre. The F10 does everything as good as the Oltre but rides much harsher. Very similar bikes except for the ride quality.
Great review, I've improved the liveliness of my Madone by running lighter wheels and thinner tires. Combining the aero profile of the Madone and liveliness of the wheels is a super experience every time.

chriswarwick1

by chriswarwick1

Noct
Great review,very informative 👍🏻
In your opinion which is the best climbing bike of the three?
Which is the best looking bike 🤔

LawSchwein

by LawSchwein

I would choose the Trek Madone. They are a good manufacturer and put a lot of money into R&D. I doubt Bianchi has that money. Giant is good too, but the Madone is sexy.
Mainstay Bike - Pinarello Dogma F10 - Campagnolo Record EPS, Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50
Climbing Bike - Cervelo R5 - Campagnolo Super Record Mechanical, Enve 3.4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chriswarwick1

by chriswarwick1

In rage red 🤔