Shipping SRAM to US from online suppliers? Etap

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
cbrshadow

by cbrshadow

I'm trying to purchase SRAM Etap Wifli Hydro but I'm noticing the best prices online (Merlin Cycles) gives a message that they won't ship to the USA.
Is this just an agreement they have with SRAM? If so, what's a good retailer that will ship SRAM to the US?

by Weenie

flying

by flying

cbrshadow wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:35 pm
I'm trying to purchase SRAM Etap Wifli Hydro but I'm noticing the best prices online (Merlin Cycles) gives a message that they won't ship to the USA.
Is this just an agreement they have with SRAM? If so, what's a good retailer that will ship SRAM to the US?
I don't know but wonder if perhaps has anything to do with batteries?

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

SRAM has in place regional agreements preventing the sale of their parts outside of a businesses geographical region.

This is done to best serve the interest of their international distribution channels.

Your best bet is to take your chances and buy on eBay but you forego any warranty by doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacksoneaker

by Jacksoneaker

I’ve had some success with Ribble, on a Quarq. Had no problems with getting it shipped, but have had a similar message to the one you’re receiving on other sites.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Good on Sram for protecting their pricing.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

wheelbuilder wrote:Good on Sram for protecting their pricing.
I was chatting to some SRAM guys when they first got this going and they said “hopefully Shimano and Campagnolo follow suit”... that never happened.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Another reason not to buy/use SCAM. They are price fixing US based buyers to extort more money. I hope it backfires on them. Pathetic tactic.

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I purchased a SRAM eTap WiFli HRD group from r2-bike in Germany and they shipped to Australia without any problem. I had to pay 10% GST on the import, but that still worked out quite a bit cheaper than any price I could find from Australian web merchants.

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-RED-eTap-Road- ... pgrade-Kit

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

MyM3Coupe wrote:Another reason not to buy/use SCAM. They are price fixing US based buyers to extort more money. I hope it backfires on them. Pathetic tactic.
Price fixing? Come to Canada where gas, mortgages, insurance, and everything cycling costs more.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:38 am
Another reason not to buy/use SCAM. They are price fixing US based buyers to extort more money. I hope it backfires on them. Pathetic tactic.

They are protecting the LBS who cannot negotiate bulk deals on resale items like Amazon, Competitive Cyclist, and other eCommerce sites.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I got etap from my lbs when it went on sale this fall. It was more than r2bike... but then the lbs spent the time uninstalling my di2, installing and setting up etap, at no charge. The service that day, and later days with other bikes was free. The extra cost was quickly eaten up and then some.

A wise biking friend advised me to pick a lbs, and support them. If you support them, they support you. Everything i get is always discounted. Service is great.

I only get things i can not get locally... like my exotic lightweight parts.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I purchased etap just over a year ago from Ribble and it was not long after that time they stopped customers from North America buying from the UK and wherever else. For myself I have no LBS and rely on online sales as it would take me an hour to get to a decent bike shop. So two hours driving verses sitting at home pushing a couple keys and getting items shipped to my door is pretty handy. I know Sram in Canada is way more money than it is in the USA so now for me the best way is Amazon for Sram parts. The last chain I purchased from Amazon came out of the UK.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:38 am
Dude.......try being a Shimano dealer a couple of years ago when they were paying three times the cost WHOLESALE than the customer could get at various online retailers. Shops got totally screwed by that fiasco and not only lost tons of money but are in a lot of cases STILL stuck with components and groupsets they can't sell. Ever tried to sell Dura Ace pedals at 280.00 dollars a pair when anyone could go online and buy them for 139.00? Sram has always protected their dealers. I for one respect them for that.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Bike-components.de should be able to ship still...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

RocketRacing wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 am
I got etap from my lbs when it went on sale this fall. It was more than r2bike... but then the lbs spent the time uninstalling my di2, installing and setting up etap, at no charge. The service that day, and later days with other bikes was free. The extra cost was quickly eaten up and then some.

A wise biking friend advised me to pick a lbs, and support them. If you support them, they support you. Everything i get is always discounted. Service is great.

I only get things i can not get locally... like my exotic lightweight parts.
Good to see that. Not many people have the wisdom to appreciate LBS support. You keep them survive, you survive. There will be countless time that we need our LBS no matter how good our maintanence skills are.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10