Power Meters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I saw that, but no issues. Maybe time will tell, but all is good. Super happy.
jlok wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:38 am
RocketRacing wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:52 pm
I have a garmin vectra 3s. Upgrade later for dual sided if you wish, or do as i will do an get a set of expedo thrust sl ti pedals and save 76g by swapping the non-power side. Same cleats, same float, same stack height, same q factor.

Most reviews use the vectra pedals as a gold standard to compare/eval other power meters.

If you got the right side vectra pedal only (you can get it alone as an upgrade), i might be willing to split on the xpedo as i would need the right, you would need the left.
Did you experience the battery cover problem? Judging from the response in Garmin forum it seems the problem is finally solved.

kafreeman

by kafreeman

Faevro Assiomas are down to $649.

Makes it hard to ignore. Still doesnt solve the cross bike issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kafreeman wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:32 am

Yeah I mean, besides P2M with alloy FSA cranks, what other non-left-only option comes in at $650. The Assioma Duos have the added benefit of being a full L/R system and very portable.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:36 am
If you are buying a PM for the first time, my advice to you is spend the money for a crank spider based PM. Crank spider based PMs are proven and have the best reliability track record. I'm talking about SRM, Quarq, and P2Max. A PM is a precision instrument. You will be glad to get something that is reliable and accurate. Just don't cheap out. This is something that can last a long time and you may switch it to a new bike, etc.
+1

To elaborate a little a lot of people seem hung on the old prices of crank spider based PMs. If you think they're too expensive have a look at some websites.

Rotor INpower: $954
Stages: Cycling Power Meter G3 L - Campagnolo Record $1068.99
Quarq SRAM Red Dzero: $712.99$
PowerTap P1: $779.49

If you need to upgrade your pedals or cranks then those pedal or crank arm options could make financial sense, if you like your cranks and pedals then maybe a spider based option is the best choice given current prices.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

If an American wants a warranty with a carbon DZero, it's going to cost $1079 without chainrings.

Rotor INpower is left-only.
Stages L is obviously left-only
PowerTap P1 is more expensive than the BF deal for Assioma Duos...and likely inferior in the eyes of most.

kafreeman

by kafreeman

TobinHatesYou wrote:
kafreeman wrote:

Yeah I mean, besides P2M with alloy FSA cranks, what other non-left-only option comes in at $650. The Assioma Duos have the added benefit of being a full L/R system and very portable.
Previous gen Pioneer has some good pricing currently @ $750. Straight swap on the road bike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kafreeman wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:50 am
Previous gen Pioneer has some good pricing currently @ $750. Straight swap on the road bike.

Last gen Pioneer has NDS clearance issues and needs to use private communication for torque vector analysis. No BT either so it’s a headache to use with iOS during trainer season. You can have the head unit relay a normal ANT+ signal, but then you’d still need an ANT+/BT bridge.

petert123

by petert123

On a budget single-sided crankarm option, don't forget 4iiii - I use one on my winter bike (and during the rest of the year in fact).

Lewn777

by Lewn777

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:03 am
If an American wants a warranty with a carbon DZero, it's going to cost $1079 without chainrings.

Rotor INpower is left-only.
Stages L is obviously left-only
PowerTap P1 is more expensive than the BF deal for Assioma Duos...and likely inferior in the eyes of most.
I wasn't trying to show the best deal of the century, I was just trying to show that a crank spider based PM need not be more expensive than any other kind of PM from a random sample of what things cost on some of the most popular online stores.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lewn777 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:43 pm

I wasn't trying to show the best deal of the century, I was just trying to show that a crank spider based PM need not be more expensive than any other kind of PM from a random sample of what things cost on some of the most popular online stores.

But they are more expensive... Spider based PMs are great for usage cases where Assiomas aren’t appropriate like CX/gravel or strong preferences for Speedplay/SPD-SL. But it’s hard to ignore how ridiculously good today’s Assioma Duo pricing is. It’s dual-leg power for the price of one-leg.

oldturd

by oldturd

petert123 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:16 pm
On a budget single-sided crankarm option, don't forget 4iiii - I use one on my winter bike (and during the rest of the year in fact).
My first experience with it was for my winter biek as well. I purchased the 4iiii precision for my SISL2 and was very happy with it.

My summer bike has the 4iiii podium incoming on a 9100 now, as I've sold my old Quarq Dzero Carbon. I'mj ust waiting for the dual side availabilty for it :thumbup:

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

kafreeman wrote:

Where are they being sold for $649?

That’s quite a bit cheaper than prices I’ve seen
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Squashednuts wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 am

Where are they being sold for $649?

That’s quite a bit cheaper than prices I’ve seen

Direct from Favero.com. Showing $646.00 currently thanks to the Euro dipping today.

glander

by glander

or $489 for single sided.

Faevro Assiomas

https://www.amazon.com/Favero-Assioma-P ... 1715&psc=1

andreas

by andreas

I went with the Vector 3 because the batteries have twice the lifetime of the Assioma's, and are replaceable, and it seems the redesigned battery covers fixed the previous problems. I don't want a crank based one atm. because Shimano/SRAM could be doing changes for 12s.

Ideally I'd want a pedal based one with a Shimano Dura Ace pedal body, with the superior SPD-SL cleats. I guess the closest is Vector 2 with the Ultegra pedal body kit, but the Vector 2 is still finnicky on torque specs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com