S-Works Tarmac SL6 Weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tnostrant

by tnostrant

Hi All,

I have searched tirelessly and can not find a definitve statement of the new Tarmac SL6 frame & fork weight. I am interested in a 2018 or 2019 S-Works Tarmac SL6 rim brake with the standard flat black paint job. All I can find is the frame weight for what appears to be the now unavailable Ultralight version.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tom

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

john92

by john92

I own the bike myself, the sworks model in 56cm weighs about 80-100g more than the ultralight model.

kgt

by kgt

We are never tired of more new members and more new threads on Specialized models.

sychen

by sychen

I think kgt is trying to say in a passive aggressive old grumpy way is that this bike have a existing thread going..

Maybe ask on the existing thread below instead of a new post .. Hoping the link works.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

S-Works SL 2018

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stendhal

by Stendhal

tnostrant wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Hi All,

I have searched tirelessly and can not find a definitve statement of the new Tarmac SL6 frame & fork weight. I am interested in a 2018 or 2019 S-Works Tarmac SL6 rim brake with the standard flat black paint job. All I can find is the frame weight for what appears to be the now unavailable Ultralight version.

Tom
Tom, there is an S-Works SL6 thread below, over 90 pages to date (with my new bike at the end), but fortunately for you I combed through it myself for the same purpose in which you're interested before I bought my SL6. Since I have the data compiled and this Weight Weenies forum has helped me a lot, I'll help you, a new member, with my data as a way of giving back. It's in a spreadsheet but as I don't think I could attach that, I'll present the data here as best as I can. ALL OF THESE BIKES ARE SIZE 56, my size, in S-Works models. There are other sizes reported but I did not record them because they were not my size, but you can assume smaller sizes weigh less and larger sizes weigh more :D . There are also a few non-S-Works models where I also did not record the data.

The references to [PAGE XX] are to the pages in the thread where the data on each bike is reported. I then report frame color after the PAGE because that affects the weight. Some data is frame only, some is full bike only, and some is both. Some frame weights are with the frame hardware, and some are not. I include key drive train and other build data where it exists for the full bike weights, I used that to "normalize" to the drivetrain and wheels and other stuff I put on my SL6 (eTap, CLX32 wheels, etc.). Full bike weights include pedals, with are Dura Ace unless listed otherwise

[PAGE 31] Sagan frame \\ 883 g frame, 341 g uncut fork
[PAGE 38] White \ black \ red frame \\ 6.38 kg total bike \\ with Dura-Ace drivetrain, 3T stem
[PAGE 44] Sagan frame \\ 873 g frame
[PAGE 48] color unknown \\ 6.713 g total bike \\ with Time pedals
[PAGE 52] Sagan frame (boy he's popular!) \\ 961 g frame without hardware \\ 6.58 kg total bike \\ with Enve 4.5T wheels, Dura Ace drivetrain, eecycles brakes (light!, about 160g), 270g aerobar
[PAGE 59] CERN \ Kittel frame (sold in UK) \\ 817 g frame with hardware (?) \\ 340 g uncut fork
[PAGE 74] Chameleon (Green Bay Packers!) frame \\ 870 g frame \\ 6.84 kg total bike \\ with Mavic Cosmic Pro C wheels, eTap with Quarq, Speedplay pedals, Zipp aero cockpit
[PAGE 79] Sagan frame (who is this guy? :)) \\ 891 g frame with hardware \\ 320 g cut fork \\ 6.60 kg total bike \\ with DT Swiss wheels, Dura Ace - Ultegra mix drivetrain, Zero pedals (141g), integrated bar-stem (341g)
[PAGE 80] Black \ white decals frame \\ 840 g frame without hardware \\ 5.81 kg total bike \\ with Obermayer wheels, eTap, Look pedals, Power2Max power meter, eecycles brakes, Berk bars (light)
[PAGE 85] Black \ white decals frame \\ 805 g frame, 30 g hardware, 340 g uncut fork
[PAGE 87] (Taodemon) Women's 2018 frame (black with purple-pink-red logo) \\ 860 g frame with hardware, 350 g uncut fork \\ 7.14 kg total bike \\ with Hed Jet5 wheels (1708 g?), Dura Ace drivetrain with Ultegra cassette, Power2Max power meter, S-Works stem and Aerofly bars (I studied this one a lot because I bought the same frame)
[PAGE 87] Sagan frame (again!) \\ 6.37 kg total bike \\ with Xentis Squad 4.2 wheels (1543 g?), Campagnolo EPS drivetrain
[PAGE 89] Black \ silver decals frame (I think this is the one you want, it is a 2019 model) \\ 6.770 kg total bike \\ with Fulcrum Racing 0 wheels (1495 g?)
[PAGE 92 I think] (my bike) Women's 2018 frame \\ 860 g frame with hardware \\ 6.43 total bike (new number) \\ with Roval CLX 32 wheels (about 1300 g), eTap, integrated stem + bar (320 g), Selle Italia saddle (about 120 g), Look KeoBlade 2 carbon pedals (220 g), cbear bottom bracket (93 g)

So the frame data, except for one Sagan outlier on PAGE 52, is pretty consistent; also, the Sagan frame consistently weighs slightly more as one would expect given all of its paint. At least in the USA, the 2018 standard black \ white decals frame (the one in most bike site reviews when the SL6 was introduced) is sold out. The 2019 black \ silver decals frame, I think, will come in at approximately 840 g with frame hardware. That's the number I would use if I were you, in trying to estimate the total weight. (Again, that's at size 56.) The fork is going to be 320-325 g cut. Oh, the seatpost data was very consistent, all in the 170 g to 179 g range (I also include here bike site reviews.) There are also a few SL6 Ultralight frames reported, with lower weight as expected, but I did not record that data. For the total bike, it depends on the detail of the build, but all but one of the bikes were safely below the 6.8 kg UCI weight limit with pedals.

Did I mention I am a weight weenie? This is the fun part.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

tnostrant

by tnostrant

Stendhal,

That was so kind of you to organize all of that for me. I'm torn between an S-Works Tarmac SL6 and a Canyon Ultimate Evo, both rim brake. Weight seems to be a big factor.

Thanks,
Tom

cjnl

by cjnl

Nice job, Stendhall. Really useful!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Stendhal wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:39 am
tnostrant wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Hi All,

Tom
Tom, there is an S-Works SL6 thread below, over 90 pages to date (with my new bike at the end), but fortunately for you I combed through it myself for the same purpose in which you're interested before I bought my SL6. Since I have the data compiled and this Weight Weenies forum has helped me a lot, I'll help you, a new member, with my data as a way of giving back. It's in a spreadsheet but as I don't think I could attach that, I'll present the data here as best as I can. ALL OF THESE BIKES ARE SIZE 56, my size, in S-Works models. There are other sizes reported but I did not record them because they were not my size, but you can assume smaller sizes weigh less and larger sizes weigh more :D . There are also a few non-S-Works models where I also did not record the data.

The references to [PAGE XX] are to the pages in the thread where the data on each bike is reported. I then report frame color after the PAGE because that affects the weight. Some data is frame only, some is full bike only, and some is both. Some frame weights are with the frame hardware, and some are not. I include key drive train and other build data where it exists for the full bike weights, I used that to "normalize" to the drivetrain and wheels and other stuff I put on my SL6 (eTap, CLX32 wheels, etc.). Full bike weights include pedals, with are Dura Ace unless listed otherwise

[PAGE 31] Sagan frame \\ 883 g frame, 341 g uncut fork
[PAGE 38] White \ black \ red frame \\ 6.38 kg total bike \\ with Dura-Ace drivetrain, 3T stem
[PAGE 44] Sagan frame \\ 873 g frame
[PAGE 48] color unknown \\ 6.713 g total bike \\ with Time pedals
[PAGE 52] Sagan frame (boy he's popular!) \\ 961 g frame without hardware \\ 6.58 kg total bike \\ with Enve 4.5T wheels, Dura Ace drivetrain, eecycles brakes (light!, about 160g), 270g aerobar
[PAGE 59] CERN \ Kittel frame (sold in UK) \\ 817 g frame with hardware (?) \\ 340 g uncut fork
[PAGE 74] Chameleon (Green Bay Packers!) frame \\ 870 g frame \\ 6.84 kg total bike \\ with Mavic Cosmic Pro C wheels, eTap with Quarq, Speedplay pedals, Zipp aero cockpit
[PAGE 79] Sagan frame (who is this guy? :)) \\ 891 g frame with hardware \\ 320 g cut fork \\ 6.60 kg total bike \\ with DT Swiss wheels, Dura Ace - Ultegra mix drivetrain, Zero pedals (141g), integrated bar-stem (341g)
[PAGE 80] Black \ white decals frame \\ 840 g frame without hardware \\ 5.81 kg total bike \\ with Obermayer wheels, eTap, Look pedals, Power2Max power meter, eecycles brakes, Berk bars (light)
[PAGE 85] Black \ white decals frame \\ 805 g frame, 30 g hardware, 340 g uncut fork
[PAGE 87] (Taodemon) Women's 2018 frame (black with purple-pink-red logo) \\ 860 g frame with hardware, 350 g uncut fork \\ 7.14 kg total bike \\ with Hed Jet5 wheels (1708 g?), Dura Ace drivetrain with Ultegra cassette, Power2Max power meter, S-Works stem and Aerofly bars (I studied this one a lot because I bought the same frame)
[PAGE 87] Sagan frame (again!) \\ 6.37 kg total bike \\ with Xentis Squad 4.2 wheels (1543 g?), Campagnolo EPS drivetrain
[PAGE 89] Black \ silver decals frame (I think this is the one you want, it is a 2019 model) \\ 6.770 kg total bike \\ with Fulcrum Racing 0 wheels (1495 g?)
[PAGE 92 I think] (my bike) Women's 2018 frame \\ 860 g frame with hardware \\ 6.43 total bike (new number) \\ with Roval CLX 32 wheels (about 1300 g), eTap, integrated stem + bar (320 g), Selle Italia saddle (about 120 g), Look KeoBlade 2 carbon pedals (220 g), cbear bottom bracket (93 g)

So the frame data, except for one Sagan outlier on PAGE 52, is pretty consistent; also, the Sagan frame consistently weighs slightly more as one would expect given all of its paint. At least in the USA, the 2018 standard black \ white decals frame (the one in most bike site reviews when the SL6 was introduced) is sold out. The 2019 black \ silver decals frame, I think, will come in at approximately 840 g with frame hardware. That's the number I would use if I were you, in trying to estimate the total weight. (Again, that's at size 56.) The fork is going to be 320-325 g cut. Oh, the seatpost data was very consistent, all in the 170 g to 179 g range (I also include here bike site reviews.) There are also a few SL6 Ultralight frames reported, with lower weight as expected, but I did not record that data. For the total bike, it depends on the detail of the build, but all but one of the bikes were safely below the 6.8 kg UCI weight limit with pedals.

Did I mention I am a weight weenie? This is the fun part.
This post is useful to this day! A shinning example of a helpful weenie
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Morkai

by Morkai

Code: Select all

Component           | Product                                                        | Claimed g | Actual g | Diff g
Frame               | Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 54cm Blue cyan                  |       733 |      818 |     85
Fork                | Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 54cm Blue cyan                  |       325 |      316 |     -9
Paint               | Frame Galaxy                                                   |         0 |      -19 |    -19
Paint               | Fork Galaxy                                                    |         0 |       -3 |     -3
Derailleur hanger   | SL6 Direct Mount [S182600004]                                  |        17 |       16 |     -1
Expander            | Specialized Carbon Steerer Tube Plug [06214-2010]              |        28 |       28 |      0
Top cap             | Triban 520                                                     |         9 |        9 |      0
Top cap bolt        | SL6                                                            |         8 |        8 |      0
Headset dust cover  | SL6 / 8mm height                                               |         6 |        6 |      0
Headset top bearing | SL6 [S092500002]                                               |        22 |       22 |      0
Headset bot bearing | SL6 [S180600002]                                               |        24 |       24 |      0
Spacers             | Zipp / 12mm down / 4mm up                                      |         8 |        8 |      0
Bottom bracket      | Hambini BB30 Shimano Racing Edition Black                      |       127 |      127 |      0
Seatpost            | Specialized S-Works Pave / 0mm offset / 380mm length           |       150 |      150 |      0
Paint               | Seatpost Galaxy                                                |         0 |        1 |      1
Seatpost clamp      | Specialized S-Works Pave Oval rails                            |        60 |       58 |     -2
Seatpost wedge      | SL6                                                            |        20 |       20 |      0
Saddle              | Specialized S-Works Power Mirror / 143mm width / 243mm length  |       192 |      191 |     -1
Handlebar           | ENVE SES Aero Road / 370-420mm width / 79mm reach / 127mm drop |       272 |      272 |      0
Stem                | THM Tibia / -6 degrees / 120mm length / Repainted              |        85 |       93 |      8
Paint               | Stem Galaxy                                                    |         0 |        3 |      3
Bar tape            | SILCA Nastro Fiore black/white                                 |       100 |      100 |      0
Electronics         | Di2 wires and juctions                                         |        61 |       61 |      0
Electronics         | Di2 battery                                                    |        59 |       59 |      0
Shifter NDS         | Dura-Ace                                                       |       115 |      114 |     -1
Shifter DS          | Dura-Ace                                                       |       115 |      114 |     -1
Front brake caliper | Dura-Ace DM [BR-R9110-F]                                       |       154 |    140,5 |  -13,5
Rear brake caliper  | Dura-Ace DM [BR-R9110-RS]                                      |       152 |    138,5 |  -13,5
Brake pads          | Campagnolo Brake Pads for Carbon Rims [BR-BO500X1]             |        27 |       27 |      0
Brake wires         | Dura-Ace [BC-9000] [Y8YZ98010]                                 |        91 |       91 |      0
Front derailleur    | Dura-Ace [FD-R9150]                                            |       104 |      105 |      1
Rear derailleur     | Dura-Ace DM [RD-R9150-SS]                                      |       204 |      185 |    -19
Pulley wheels       | Dura-Ace                                                       |         0 |        0 |      0
Crank NDS           | Stages Gen3 L Dura-Ace 170mm                                   |       190 |      188 |     -2
Crank DS            | Dura-Ace 170mm [FC-R9100]                                      |       307 |      318 |     11
Chainring bolts     | Dura-Ace                                                       |         0 |        0 |      0
Chainring outer     | Dura-Ace 52                                                    |       110 |      110 |      0
Chainring inner     | Dura-Ace 36                                                    |        32 |       32 |      0
Cassette            | Ultegra 14-28                                                  |       300 |      300 |      0
Chain               | Ultegra 114                                                    |       257 |      257 |      0
Pedals              | Dura-Ace                                                       |       234 |      235 |      1
Stem mount          |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Computer mount      | The Sticky Bottle THM Tibia                                    |        33 |       33 |      0
Computer            | Garmin Edge 520                                                |        63 |       63 |      0
Front light mount   | Bontrager Blendr Universal Ion Light Mount                     |         6 |        6 |      0
Front light         | Bontrager Ion 200 RT                                           |        23 |       23 |      0
Rear light          | Garmin Varia RTL515                                            |        72 |       72 |      0
Rear light mount    | MagCAD Designs Garmin Varia GoPro Saddle Mount                 |        35 |       35 |      0
Bottle cage 1       | Specialized Rib Cage III Glossy Black                          |        24 |       24 |      0
Bottle 1            | Elite Fly - 550ml                                              |        54 |       54 |      0
Bottle cage 2       | Specialized Rib Cage III Glossy Black                          |        24 |       24 |      0
Bottle 2            | Elite Fly - 550ml                                              |        54 |       54 |      0
Bottle cage bolts   | 4x Specialized                                                 |         4 |        4 |      0
Front axle          | Campagnolo Bora WTO                                            |        50 |       57 |      7
Rear axle           | Campagnolo Bora WTO                                            |        54 |       64 |     10
Front hub           |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Rear hub            |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Front rim           | Campagnolo Bora WTO 60                                         |      1540 |      704 |   -836
Rear rim            | Campagnolo Bora WTO 60                                         |         0 |      886 |    886
Spokes              |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Nipples             |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Rim tape            |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Valves              | Campagnolo Bora WTO                                            |        12 |       12 |      0
Front rotor         |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Front lockring      |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Rear rotor          |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Rear lockring       |                                                                |         0 |        0 |      0
Tyre                | Schwalbe Pro One TLE - Addix - 25mm                            |       250 |      250 |      0
Tyre                | Schwalbe Pro One TLE - Addix - 28mm                            |       279 |      279 |      0
Sealant             | ORANGE SEAL                                                    |        70 |       70 |      0
                    | Total                                                          |      7345 |     7437 |     92
                    | Total wheels                                                   |      1540 |     1590 |     50
                    | Total drivetrain                                               |      1466 |   1431,5 |  -34,5
                    | Total accessories                                              |       388 |      388 |      0
                    | Total w/o accessories                                          |      6957 |     7049 |     92
                    | Total fixed                                                    |      7116 |     7208 |     92
                    | Groupset                                                       |      2060 |     2107 |  -53,5