Fuji SL 1.1 vs. TCR Advanced SL vs. Addict RC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which one? :-)

Poll ended at Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Fuji SL 1.1 2018
23%
Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP 2018
73%
Scott Addict RC 20 2018
5%

Total votes: 22

Zorka

by Zorka

Hi,
which one would you choose? I´m looking for light, stiff climbing bike. All models are 2018 year. What I found about frames , Fuji should be lightest, Giant stiffest and Scott cheapest(but probably not so light nor stiff) :)

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Creating a poll is the best way to make a crappy choice.
For the most part, excluding a very limited amount of people who've been able to ride more than one of those, you're just going to get fanboys voting for their own bike.

So, you would be influenced on your purchase decision on the basis of utter nothingness. If that's ok with you..

Zorka

by Zorka

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I really don´t attribute high importance to this poll, it´s just interesting addition. I´d rather read useful advices, or owners reviews which will influence me much more than anonymous poll.
Btw, do you have any useful advice for me except your first one ? :)

Zorka

by Zorka

No advices here, anyway I am leaning towards Giant. It can be mine for less than Fuji, but more than Scott. Considering it is lighter than Scott and just a bit heavier than Fuji and probably the stiffest of them, it will be probably the best choice.

parleez1

by parleez1

I just purchased a 2019 Giant TCR Advanced sl 0 after riding a Cannondale Super Six Black Inc for theee years. So far so good. I think you’ll like the bike, the rim version I purchased is right around 15lbs., making changes to the bars, stem and crankset, but don’t expect the weight to change significantly.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Fuji Fanboy here - it is light and stiff with racy geometry, and my lbs is selling it for a grand only for frame!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zorka

by Zorka

Thanks, I planned order my TCR SL frameset on Monday from my lbs, the price should be about £1050, so I think good deal.

@Kayrehn: What model year are they selling?

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I had a Fuji SL 2.2 that cracked around the seat stay/brake bridge, Fuji said it was because I had the wrong amount of seat post in there. 8.5cm instead of their recommended 10cm (but they never told me that before in any user manual or guide). Therefore they're offering a 'half price' new 1.1 frameset (SL or Transonic) that works out as $800 in my currency. So wow, $200 off new price if I was in the USA :( . But let's be honest why would a few cm's hanging in space make much difference? In my view Fuji make bikes that have great geometry, ride well, have a fantastic logo and a great history. But really there isn't a huge difference between modern frames, most ride similarly. But I can't trust their carbon fiber lay-up in long term abuse survive-ability. I'm also not the only one with these reservations.

Giant TCR seems the obvious choice, strongly made and plenty around for any problems to be highlighted. The seat mast and OverDrive 2 system maybe are annoying for some, but it seems great value for money. I rented one it was very good, as good if not better than the Fuji, could be a few grams heavier, but not by much.

Scott, just really don't know enough about this bike, and haven't ridden it.

EDIT: You posted while I was writing. Seems like you made the right choice. :thumbup:

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Zorka wrote:Thanks, I planned order my TCR SL frameset on Monday from my lbs, the price should be about £1050, so I think good deal.

@Kayrehn: What model year are they selling?
2017? The one with fluorescent yellow accent. In pounds, it's £620 where I live. You can save a bunch of cash for light components at that price!

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

At that price I'd buy a spare - loving the one I have 8)

Where is that deal?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

@gearjunkie I sent you a pm. They don't have a webstore but you might be able to persuade them to ship given their willingness to clear stock.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kayrehn on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Thanks Kayrehn. :beerchug:

Zorka

by Zorka

@Lewn777 Friend of mine broke the seatstay on SL 1.1, he is 62kg, but I though it must be some kind of manufacturing defect... But it looks it is a bit fragile due to its lightness.

@Kayrehn Could you PM me too? I like more the black/red 2018 color much more, but that price looks irresistible, so it may be worth a try...if it cracks, it wouldn´t hurt so much :)

Zorka

by Zorka

Kayrehn, thanks a lot for pm, unfortunately I cannot reply.

Chlorophyll15

by Chlorophyll15

I own an Addict 20. I considered a Fuji SL but never the Giant as I didn't like the geometry in my size. The Addict's not the stiffest bike out there, as my Tarmac SL2 is noticeably stiffer.

It's not the stiffest, not the lightest, not the most aero, not the most racy etc. But what I can say is that it's a damn fine bike. It just feels well balanced. It's been 10,000km and I still wouldn't trade my Addict for anything else.

I'd just say go with whatever your heart prefers, or the one with the geometry/handling you like best. Can't go wrong with any of them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com