Campag 12 speed rear mech

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

I have just installed this rear mech and its i think direct mount straight out of the box.
Its says in the manual that there is a direct mount positioning screw but i have not got one in the box.
If i take the direct mount off and fit it as a standard rear mech it wont change all the way down to the smallest cog.Its like that extra bit acting like a spacer :noidea:
Hope it makes sense but i cant get my head around it,can i run it either way?
What do they mean by direct mount? :oops:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’m presuming you have a standard hanger on your bike? If so, then you leave that “link” on the derailleur. Basically it will position the derailleur a bit lower and further back in space. If you have a “Direct Mount” hanger, and few bikes do, then you would remove the link, and install the derailleur directly to the hanger. There’s pretty good instructions online, and I’m not sure what’s in the actual “Users Manual” that comes with it. But best to reference the Technical Manual online.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markyboy

by markyboy

Calnago wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 pm
I’m presuming you have a standard hanger on your bike? If so, then you leave that “link” on the derailleur. Basically it will position the derailleur a bit lower and further back in space. If you have a “Direct Mount” hanger, and few bikes do, then you would remove the link, and install the derailleur directly to the hanger. There’s pretty good instructions online, and I’m not sure what’s in the actual “Users Manual” that comes with it. But best to reference the Technical Manual online.
Yes i have a standard hanger and i understand it a bit more now i have been on you tube watching the video
thanks calnago :thumbup:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2