Anyone using Fizik Bibs with their Fizik saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BiaNeutron

by BiaNeutron

So it's indoor trainer season again. On the trainer bike I was experimenting a bit with some saddles from my 'collection'. I use an old pair of Garneau bibs with a pad that's a bit on the thin side. It's usually OK for sessions up to an hour. Anyway, I fitted an Antares I had from 2014 and to be honest, pretty good. Since I first bought that saddle I've had a couple of proper bike fits and am seated in a completely different way to how it was back in 2014. Much more neutral. The other night I was forced to do the indoor session with a good pair of Assos shorts which I've had for a year or so. Honest appraisal, while the materials are top notch And I can see that on a longer outdoor ride that the Assos bibs would be hands down better, there is however a feeling that the shape if the pad isn't there on the Antares. On the trainer it's as if I have to move around a lot to try an find the sweet spot of the saddle, and never find it. If I place the pad on top of the saddle you can see a lot of excess padding wrapping down the sides of the saddle nose. Comparing to the old Garneau ones, the outline of the Garneau foam is a good match for the Antares.

So it got me thinking about the Fizik Bibs. It sounds like an ideal match. Anyone got any experiences with these bibs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com