Specialized aerofly 2 bar question ....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jacobeh

by jacobeh

Have you considered alternative ways of having a bell on your bike? Something like https://www.closethegap.cc/ and I'm sure there are other solutions out there

sychen

by sychen

Thanks jacob have considered that but my current setup have my Garmin and fly12 cam/light mounted to my stem bolt mount. Nothing I've found so far that can incorporate all 3 on the stem mount. Closethegap does have all three in one mount but we are back to Handlebar mount.

With the Oi.. I have a bell that doesn't look like one.. And is pretty much part of the Handlebar without sticking out.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stueys

by Stueys

jacobeh wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 am
Have you considered alternative ways of having a bell on your bike? Something like https://www.closethegap.cc/ and I'm sure there are other solutions out there
Not seen that before, nice product

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

sychen wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 am
Australia

If not for the car focused culture, crazy drivers and nanny state government.. Would be a cycling paradise.
So the law is actually worded incredibly vaguely, which opens up some options for you.

Technically all you need to comply is a warning device fitted to your bike. I had a little bell from a Lindt chocolate bunny zip tied to a rear light mount. A lot of my mates just mounted a bell to their front hub. It's obviously a silly solution but so is the law so it seems to fit nicely in my eyes.

Moving the bell would mean the aerofly bars fit perfectly 👌

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Another question,
How large are the cable routing hole, can Di2 EW-WU111 inserted into the bar?

sychen

by sychen

Yes it's big enough.. But you have to get it in before threading the hoses.. If using Hydro discs.

Alex.. Sorry missed your reply..

Yes it is vague.. But the word functional leaves room for a cop on a bad day room for interpretation.

That said.. I did cram on the Oi bell as is without mod and keeping the bar centred. The cable ports on the bell is enough to get it on.

Had to scrounge a longer bolt to makenit work.
The big BUT.... Is it either rattles like a coin in a empty coke can with the bell sounding as normal or rings with a dull whack to Not rattle. This is due to the angle it has to sit at.. The metal ringer is not suspended by the spring.

So I'm riding the fine line of a Not fully functional bell as I can't stand rattles. I'll use the it must of vibrated loose during my ride excuse..

jmechy

by jmechy

I just picked up a set of these right before leaving on vacation for a week. I had enough time to look at the bars briefly, and it appeared that running DI2 cables internally would be tough. Has anyone been able to route a an etube cable from the shifters down to a bar-end junction box (RS910), or from shifter to shifter? Any tricks?

rlanger

by rlanger

Can you attach the Oi Bell to the seatpost?

Seems it would still be functional there.

pedale

by pedale

There are some business ideas here. A bell in the headset top cap (specialized is able to fit a chain breaker there), or between the gps and the mount, à la fabric lumaray (?) lamp. If I was living in Australia, I would definitely give a try.

I looked at my aerofly 2 on my venge yesterday and there’s no way you can fit a knog next to the stem

cajer

by cajer

Does this bar flare at all from the tops to the drops? Trying to figure out sizing

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm
Does this bar flare at all from the tops to the drops? Trying to figure out sizing

No flare at all.

jasjas

by jasjas

That picture looks like a disc braked bike, the size of those hoods and no front brake on the fork.

Might be the aspect of the lens though.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

From Enve SES road bar+ pro vibe stem on Allez Sprint Disc.

First i change the bar to Aerofly ii.
Felt a little bit stiffer.

Then i change the stem to Venge stem also.
Felt even stiffer, noticeably. There literally isn't any flex when i push down each side of the bar with my body weight.

The stem is very heavy (200g) but the extra stiffness feel awesome. Cockpit stiffness isn't something to worry about. In fact, flexier one might be more comfortable but i like how it feel very much.
Attachments
20190706_151656.jpg
20190706_151633.jpg

Miles253

by Miles253

Question for you all, does the Aerofly ii bar allow for full internal cables on the SL6 disc?
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

ichobi

by ichobi

No

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓