New Continental 5000S Tires - Tubeless Compatible

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Remember the IRC levers are the right shape for any right tyre and any lever thht can do 12 month in the shop without breaking is a good one for me. so yes I am a fan. It's the shape that important and the IRC levers are by far the toughest.

Tomhatesyou yes you can use other levers and mount tubeless tyres but if you have a tight combo then an irc lever or other lever that is similarly shaped makes the job easier. The var RP42500 is the right shape but bends to easily then breaks. Park have a lever that's the right shape but that breaks. The schwalbe levers are pretty good but they do bend. I have broken them as well. Campagnolo levers are tough enough and nearly the right shape.

I'm am fussy. Why should I not be I mount tubeless tyres daily and often it's not a hand fit combo it's nice and tight and for that I need the right tool.

I have not convinced myself the tool convinced me. I am also a fan of cyclus campagnolo bootom bracket tools, my wheels manufacturing bearing presses any good tool that speeds up a job.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Deepavkro

Worms differ. I have no trouble getting the one I use to hold at 80 psi.depends on the size of the hole though.but the above is true for a 4 to 4mm long hole.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

bm0p700f wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 pm
Remember the IRC levers are the right shape for any right tyre and any lever thht can do 12 month in the shop without breaking is a good one for me. so yes I am a fan. It's the shape that important and the IRC levers are by far the toughest.

Tomhatesyou yes you can use other levers and mount tubeless tyres but if you have a tight combo then an irc lever or other lever that is similarly shaped makes the job easier. The var RP42500 is the right shape but bends to easily then breaks. Park have a lever that's the right shape but that breaks. The schwalbe levers are pretty good but they do bend. I have broken them as well. Campagnolo levers are tough enough and nearly the right shape.

I'm am fussy. Why should I not be I mount tubeless tyres daily and often it's not a hand fit combo it's nice and tight and for that I need the right tool.

I have not convinced myself the tool convinced me. I am also a fan of cyclus campagnolo bootom bracket tools, my wheels manufacturing bearing presses any good tool that speeds up a job.

Like I said earlier, my issue is never with mounting, as I use that tyre jack thingie. I'd like tio know which is the best lever to get a tough tyre off a rim?

Still the IRC? Or would the VARS or Crank Brothers work better? Taking the Pro Ones off my Kinlin or Velocity rims drives me to tears.

velov

by velov

deepakvrao wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:45 am
bm0p700f wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Like I said earlier, my issue is never with mounting, as I use that tyre jack thingie. I'd like tio know which is the best lever to get a tough tyre off a rim?

Still the IRC? Or would the VARS or Crank Brothers work better? Taking the Pro Ones off my Kinlin or Velocity rims drives me to tears.
Silca levers are a lot thinner at the tip than other ones I've tried, shouldn't be an issue sliding it under the bead.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

velov wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 am

Silca levers are a lot thinner at the tip than other ones I've tried, shouldn't be an issue sliding it under the bead.
Thanks. These?

https://silca.cc/collections/silca-tool ... ers-premio

dim

by dim

deepakvrao wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:41 am
velov wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 am

Thanks. These?

https://silca.cc/collections/silca-tool ... ers-premio
get the IRC levers .... they are specifically made for tubeless, bu can be also used for clinchers .... they are quality
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

petert123

by petert123

deepakvrao wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:45 am

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/i ... yre-levers says "One end is designed for dismounting tires while the other end is designed specifically for mounting.". I'm going to give them a go.

wheelie

by wheelie

GP5K TL 25 mm fitted on Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith 2017 (U profile , 17 mm inner, 25 mm outer) without major problems.
Originally, the wheels isn't tubeless ready, but with some extra layer of black scotch tape and notubes yellow tape successfully converted.
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Just did 100km hard ride on these and love them. Really planted, comfy (85F, 90R) and roll so well.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Sock3t

by Sock3t

ryanw wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:42 pm
Just did 100km hard ride on these and love them. Really planted, comfy (85F, 90R) and roll so well.
What size?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Sock3t wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 pm
ryanw wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:42 pm
What size?
28c
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I'm ready to try out tubeless. The only wheelset I own that is TL-ready are my Hed Belgium + which are on my tandem. So I will start with that first. Later on I plan to get a set of Campy Bora WTO wheels which are two-way fit. I'm waiting for my LBS to get the TL in stock as I get a team discount with them. But so far they don't have any in stock which is strange as they are are high volume online shop.

Robbyville

by Robbyville

I’m told that the US had a limited supply and many shops did not get them. My LBS mistakenly got some extras and I’m basically one of a few in town that rides tubeless. If you decide that you can’t wait shoot me a on and I can forward a pair to you but he only has 25’s in stock

heliuscc

by heliuscc

Got the 25mm Conti 5000 TLR, so easy to inflate on Reynolds AR41X compared to Schwalbe pro one. Went on easy as well.
Really happy with them, ride very nicely.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks for the offer. I’m looking at either the 28s or 32s for the tandem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com