New Continental 5000S Tires - Tubeless Compatible

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
altuna98

by altuna98

Indyx wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:14 pm
Any experience mounting these on Farsports wheels?
Yes, it was easy.

Woland

by Woland

Just received a set of GP5000TLs in OEM packaging. Does anyone know if these are "Made in Germany" or somewhere in the far east?

Just curious as the rumour is that the OEM version of GP4000S2 was made in FE and were supposedly inferior quality compared to the retail packaged version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tleo

by tleo

Woland wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:21 am
Just received a set of GP5000TLs in OEM packaging. Does anyone know if these are "Made in Germany" or somewhere in the far east?

Just curious as the rumour is that the OEM version of GP4000S2 was made in FE and were supposedly inferior quality compared to the retail packaged version.
It should say on the outside of the tire. The retail version says "Made in Germany".

Indyx

by Indyx

altuna98 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 pm
Indyx wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:14 pm
Any experience mounting these on Farsports wheels?
Yes, it was easy.
Thank you for your response.

Ordered up Feder 45mm with Carbon Ti Disc Hubs. Excited.

altuna98

by altuna98

That's a good choice. Though, my farsports don't have Feder rims, I think they are the classic ones. The fit may change with the Feders.

Woland

by Woland

tleo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:20 pm
Woland wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:21 am

It should say on the outside of the tire. The retail version says "Made in Germany".
Checked, my OEM version says "Made in Germany" as well.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Last edited by bm0p700f on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

/today Jamie called malcolm I hate conti tyres. I cant get it mounted. The rim in question is a Kinlin XR22RTS with two layers of tesa 4289, He had not poured dilute soapy water over the tape. I duely did then mounted the tyre by hand quickly. It was not hand strength that did it. its skill.

Those that say conti are too tight dont know how to manipulate the tyre with there hands properly. Skills can be learnt. sadly too many want the tyre to conform to there lack of skill (jamie learnt his lesson and did the other one) . All this comes from someone who can mount a unstretched conti tub (again skill rather than brute strength). yes I am showing off a bit, why not.

I have them on my Look currently 500km so far I hope to have the rear worn out by my birth day next month. Then I can treat my self to a new tyre.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Try mounting a GP5K TL on ENVE SES 5.6s and get back to me. You've complained that you couldn't get Hutchinsons or Yksion Pro USTs on Open Pro USTs easily. I can get those on by hand on any of my rims. I can barely get GP5K TLs on my 5.6s with two levers.

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

The GP 5000's are by far the worst tires I have ever owned. There is not a positive thing I can say about them. Offer them to me free? No thank you. The innertubes I will need to use offset the price. I have never gotten more flats than with the GP5Ks. Not to mention they have a crappy ride and are heavy. They take everything positive about the GP4000's and ditch it. I have tossed GP5000s in the closet after 300 miles due to the number of flats. Calling them crap is giving crap a bad name.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

AMGRoadster wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 am
The GP 5000's are by far the worst tires I have ever owned. There is not a positive thing I can say about them. Offer them to me free? No thank you. The innertubes I will need to use offset the price. I have never gotten more flats than with the GP5Ks. Not to mention they have a crappy ride and are heavy. They take everything positive about the GP4000's and ditch it. I have tossed GP5000s in the closet after 300 miles due to the number of flats. Calling them crap is giving crap a bad name.
they are the best tires ive ever owned and i was anti Conti for a long time. 2500 miles on 25 + latex and 32TL. not sure why you'd be getting flats with these more than any other tire.

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

@FactoryMatt - this is the first time I have ever used them but I recommend checking out the Michelin Competition 4's. They offer a better ride, have better grip, and get fewer flats than the GP5000's. If the 5000's were an improvement on the 4000's I would never have looked at the Michelins. As it stands I will never purchase the GP5000s again.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

ill check them out. michelin just has a very opaque product showcase. i have no idea what they really sell.

Unniti

by Unniti

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:39 am
Try mounting a GP5K TL on ENVE SES 5.6s and get back to me. You've complained that you couldn't get Hutchinsons or Yksion Pro USTs on Open Pro USTs easily. I can get those on by hand on any of my rims. I can barely get GP5K TLs on my 5.6s with two levers.
yeah, my GP5K TLs were by far the most difficult tire I've ever mounted on any rim.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andyJC

by andyJC

2000km on my tubeless Gp5000 on Enve 5.6

Running at much lower tyre pressure ( 79 )

No problems at all - they have been great. I can't compare them to any other tubeless tyre, as these are my first...