New Out-front mount for Extralite Hyperstem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Attermann

by Attermann

99 euro ! God that’s a lot, but I really want it

sychen

by sychen

No underside garmin/light mount... Booo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTSM

by RTSM

Just placed my order on Saturday and today received confirmation that the order has shipped.
I'll post pictures once I get it which is not expected for a week since I did not go with the "expedited" shipping option going to the west coast of USA.

RTSM

by RTSM

Received my Extralite outfront garmin mount and after ~ 700km have some good and not so good news to report. First off the good, the mount is mostly well made and engineered well. There is very little to no vibration which is nice coming from the Form Mount which was nice but presented too much road buzz.
It is also very light coming in at 21grams on my wifes' jewerly scale this weight includes the faceplate mounts. Now for the not so good news, the garmin mount portion is made of brittle plastic, after only 700km the garmin mount (the part you twist your Garmin on) broke in two places, the small ramps on the interior that apply pressure to keep the Garmin tight snapped and the plastic exterior ring itself cracked, luckily I was only about 10km from home when the Garmin was rattling and I was able to catch it before it dropped. I had an older K-Edge mount that I took out the plastic mount piece and put it on the Extralite mount and works wonderfully. Secondarily, I noticed that the angle of the mount is slightly higher than Extralite stem meaning that if you look at the mount from the side it is angled up slightly. this makes for easier reading of the computer however I would of preferred it to be more flat. I think that this mount might look better with the 12 degree stem. I do enjoy that the Garmin is very stable and looks great, note to Extralite, for the money charged for the mount please use better quality plastic for the Garmin mount ring and keep the angle more flat. Over I'm happy with my purchase and it looks great.

RTSM

by RTSM

Attached are a few pic's of my install of the Extralite out-front mount.
Attachments
20190317_104927.jpg
20190317_155044.jpg

nickf

by nickf

I'm not sure if I would be thrilled with that mounted to my stem. Seems like they could have come up with a little more elegant/adjustable solution. It does clean up the front end a little bit. I just don't see myself replacing the Raceware mount I'm using now. Plus its only 20g, and costs half the price.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

RTSM wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm
Attached are a few pic's of my install of the Extralite out-front mount.
As an Extralite stem user, thanks for posting your comprehensive review.

Truth be told, I'm rather envious of the latest-gen of carbon out-front mounts...

...however, I'm still happily using Raceware Direct's out-front. It buzzes a bit, but isn't any heavier than this AND is double-sided for my Garmin and Fabric Lumaray. Hard to replace what ain't broke.

Werking
in the industry

by Werking

A new eraly prototype is coming, more clean design solution. Yep gopro adapter also.

http://werking.cc - Handcrafted bicycles - Made in Italy

http://alpitude.cc - bike components

bilwit

by bilwit

Werking wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:57 pm
A new eraly prototype is coming, more clean design solution. Yep gopro adapter also.

Looks intriguing... except the gap between the stem and the computer will be huuuge for wahoo users

CarbonWorks

by CarbonWorks

Hello guys,
we want to help you with the problem for the extralite stem!

But I need your help with an important question:

Do you think it should be extrem lightweight or more multifunctional like the MasterMount?
Which kind of mount would you prefere?
Simon
carbonworks.de

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The lighter the better. I dont think boutique parts need to cater to folks who want to strap a traffic camera to the front of their bike. They've made their choices.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

+1

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

Mep

by Mep

Lightweight of course, and it should hopefully look better than the CH-01.