Powermeter on trek emonda sl6 pro 2018 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

jfranci3 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:53 pm
Why are you running a PM and cadence magnet? Are you running the duo sensor? Won’t the duo run speed-only?
No reason, really. The stages is new. I recently added it to use with zwift. I swapped the magnet over because it was on the crank I replaced; I just swapped it over, not really thinking that I'd have two sources of cadence.

I think you're right that the duotrap has the option to use for speed only. I'll give it try.

rwlinda

by rwlinda

Can anyone confirm a 4iiii PM fits a Emonda SLR 2018/2019? Clearance is tight ... an AAA battery doesn't fit between the crank and chainstay at any point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dim

by dim

I have an Emonda SL6, and I have a Stages G2 powermeter..... it fits fine with loads of clearance
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I know Pioneer recommended using a spindle spacer with the Emonda with its last-gen power meter. Not sure if that applies to the latest version.

rwlinda

by rwlinda

dim wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 am
I have an Emonda SL6, and I have a Stages G2 powermeter..... it fits fine with loads of clearance
Then the frames of the SL and SLR gotta be different. Just tried to see if a hex8 would fit, and that one barely fits, but not without touching the frame and only at a very specific spot. I think there's no way a 4iiii will fit and maybe Stages will fit, but definitely not with lots of clearance.